• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Acting VP of Clover Park Tech called the police on me today!

sudden valley gunner

It has been quite a while since anyone was awarded the Brass Balls Award for standing up for their rights but I think this incident deserves the Brass Balls award. This award has been given to Bill Starks, Jeff Hayes, MSGLAIGNE, Sudden Valley Gunner, DEROS72 and Gogodawgs and now to you. PM me with an address and I will get your set in the mail ASAP.

+1

Grim_Night

It has been quite a while since anyone was awarded the Brass Balls Award for standing up for their rights but I think this incident deserves the Brass Balls award. This award has been given to Bill Starks, Jeff Hayes, MSGLAIGNE, Sudden Valley Gunner, DEROS72 and Gogodawgs and now to you. PM me with an address and I will get your set in the mail ASAP.

Lol nice jeff

lol... thanks guys

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

At LWTECH

14 Illegal Use or Possession of Weapons. The unauthorized use, possession, display, or storage of any weapons, fireworks or explosives on college premises or at any college-sponsored activity. The term weapon means any object or substance designed to inflict a wound, cause injury, or incapacitate. Weapons may include, but are not limited to, all firearms whether lawfully or unlawfully possessed, pellet guns, slingshots, martial arts devices, switchblade knives and clubs. Legal defense sprays possessed or used for the purpose of self-defense are exempt from this section;
http://www.lwtech.edu/student_life/...ce/student_handbook/student_conduct_code.html

It looks like our policies have changed a little.

It's interesting that the policies at Clover are friendlier.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
brass balls +1

Cop trying to tell you it has to be locked in a container unloaded -100

If all goes well you will be seeing me around Clover Park in January. Wait till they get a load of me....

Grim_Night

Lol nice jeff

brass balls +1

If all goes well you will be seeing me around Clover Park in January. Wait till they get a load of me....

I'd more then welcome you at CPTC lol... I'm wondering if I should go so far as to start protesting the unlawful policies at some point and get my fellow 2A rights advocates involved... So far from everything I have researched and posted to this point, I'm wondering if I have missed anything.

Last edited:

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Did I miss something in this thread about the container? I thought they said have a nice day?

Never mind, I've just been reading the written part. I don't have the time, and bandwidth to watch the videos.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

Did I miss something in this thread about the container? I thought they said have a nice day?

Never mind, I've just been reading the written part. I don't have the time, and bandwidth to watch the videos.

in the video, one of the officers who was chatting with me was talking about carrying without a CPL and how when you get in a vehicle, the weapon has to be unloaded and locked up. He was wrong. Click the link in one of my above posts to watch the vid.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

I was just thinking about this... is it legal to restrict the legal carrying of firearms on state college campus on a case by case basis? Telling one student that can legally carry they have "permission" but telling another that can legally carry that they do not sounds like discrimination to me. I mean, you either restrict completely or you don't restrict at all... There should be no middle ground here.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

I think I fount the final nail in the coffin for CPTC's attempt to make policies contrary to state law...

Washington State board for community and technical colleges

Washington's Community and Technical College Act of 1991 provides for a state system of community and technical colleges separate from both the public secondary schools and four-year institutions. The act requires that the colleges "offer an open door to every citizen, regardless of his or her academic background or experiences, at a cost normally within his or her economic means" (RCW 28B.50.020(1)).

Each college is governed by a board of five trustees appointed to five-year terms by the governor with the consent of the Senate.

By 1941 eight junior colleges were operating in Washington, all locally administered and locally funded.

The financing of community colleges was separated from that of local school districts in 1963, and in 1965 the Legislature declared that it intended to establish a separate, independent community college system.

The state's five remaining public vocational technical institutes were designated as "technical colleges," removed from the jurisdiction of their local school districts, and merged with the community college system. Each technical college was provided with its own college district and a board of trustees. Each technical college district overlaps the districts of neighboring community colleges. The State Board for Community College Education was renamed the State Board for Community and Technical Colleges by the 1991 act.

I'm pretty sure that's more then enough information to show that the various community colleges and technical colleges are state owned and state mandated. Thus they are subject to state law and regarding firearms, subject to state preemption.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

I just called the pierce county non-emergency hotline for the police to inform them that I will be at the CPTC campus today for the open to the public event involving Denny Heck and that I will be open carrying my firearm as well as holding my sign advocating my rights. This is a preemptive measure in case CPTC staff tries to make a false report about a MWAG. I will be recording with my tablet the entire time. I welcome any and all forum members to join me for this function as it is in fact open to the public as the web site states.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Grim's Brass Balls will go in the mail later today. This is an actual set of BBs key chain size, ask Bill Starks, Myself, Gogodawgs, MSGLAIGNE, Sudden Valley Gunner and Deros all have them, I know several of the carry them everyday as I do. I will continue give these out when OCers in Wa interact with law enforcement and walk away after standing up for their rights. this all started when a friend of mine from Chicago sent me a set after my run in at the Spokane Ron Paul rally almost two years ago. I then continued to award a set to those that have earned them and will continue to do so as incidents happen.

Grim_Night

So... I went to school today and first thing I did when I got on campus was go to the appropriate office for filing my appeal. Guess who was there! I have video recordings of most of the morning and will be posting them on youtube.

As of right now, I am suspended from school for a period of 10 instructional days as well as being trespassed from campus. The paperwork says...

You are hereby summarily suspended from attending Clover Park Technical College and from entering on any of Clover Park Technical College's property for ten instructional days, effective today, November 7, 2013 through November 20, 2013, in accordance with WAC 495C-120-125. Based on the College's investigation, this summary suspension may be extended by the Vice President of Student Services. Any previous disciplinary sanctions are hereby rescinded, pending the outcome of this proceeding.

A number of students have expressed concerns that you present an imminent danger to other students, other college staff, and the educational process of the college, by repeatedly engaging in aggressive discussions in the computer server classes about the right to bear arms while openly carrying a firearm and carrying excessive clips of ammunition. The students allege that you are belligerent while armed and they fear for their safety. This conduct violates WAC 495C-120-040 (2), (4), (9), and (10) and constitutes an imminent danger to other students, the college staff and the educational process.

If the Vice President of Student Services continues this summary suspension beyond November 20, 2013, you will be notified of the emergency suspension and provided an opportunity for a prompt hearing on the suspension and the disciplinary charges.

Dated this 7th day of November 2013

signed
Ron Write, Conduct Officer

WAC 495C-120-040 Student misconduct.

(2) Behavior in the classroom or at a college function that is disruptive to the teaching and learning environment;

This one is from when I went back to class on Tuesday the 5th and was not even in my own class which started at 8am. I was actually downstairs in another classroom before class even started from about 7:15am to 7:55am. I find it difficult to understand how I disrupted the teaching and learning environment when class wasn't even in session.

(4) Where the student presents an imminent danger to college property or to himself or herself or other students or persons in college facilities on or off campus, or to the education process of the college;

If I really was a danger to anybody, why didn't they call the police and have me arrested? That seems like the logical course of action to me. But then again, they actually seem to think that I present a danger because I am outspoken and not afraid to voice my thoughts regarding the violation of my rights the previous day.

(9) Failure to comply with the direction of college officials acting in the legitimate performance of their duties;

Ah this one... The only reason this one is here is because Mr. Wright told me this morning when I went to turn in my appeal paperwork that I didn't have his permission to record him and told me to stop, which I flat out refused.

(10) Possession of firearms, except where approved by state statute;

This one also doesn't apply as I was in fact in compliance with state statute regarding the possession and carrying of firearms and have been in compliance since day 1 of my attendance of CPTC.

Will post audio recordings from Tuesday and video recordings from today on youtube as well as links for viewing as soon as I am able to upload them.

Last edited:

Grim_Night

Vid #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNEWgUBIda4
Vid #2

Vid #3

Vid #4

RCW 9.73.030
Intercepting, recording, or divulging private communication — Consent required — Exceptions.
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it shall be unlawful for any individual, partnership, corporation, association, or the state of Washington, its agencies, and political subdivisions to intercept, or record any:
(a) Private communication transmitted by telephone, telegraph, radio, or other device between two or more individuals between points within or without the state by any device electronic or otherwise designed to record and/or transmit said communication regardless how such device is powered or actuated, without first obtaining the consent of all the participants in the communication;
(b) Private conversation, by any device electronic or otherwise designed to record or transmit such conversation regardless how the device is powered or actuated without first obtaining the consent of all the persons engaged in the conversation.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, wire communications or conversations (a) of an emergency nature, such as the reporting of a fire, medical emergency, crime, or disaster, or (b) which convey threats of extortion, blackmail, bodily harm, or other unlawful requests or demands, or (c) which occur anonymously or repeatedly or at an extremely inconvenient hour, or (d) which relate to communications by a hostage holder or barricaded person as defined in RCW 70.85.100, whether or not conversation ensues, may be recorded with the consent of one party to the conversation.
(3) Where consent by all parties is needed pursuant to this chapter, consent shall be considered obtained whenever one party has announced to all other parties engaged in the communication or conversation, in any reasonably effective manner, that such communication or conversation is about to be recorded or transmitted: PROVIDED, That if the conversation is to be recorded that said announcement shall also be recorded.
(4) An employee of any regularly published newspaper, magazine, wire service, radio station, or television station acting in the course of bona fide news gathering duties on a full-time or contractual or part-time basis, shall be deemed to have consent to record and divulge communications or conversations otherwise prohibited by this chapter if the consent is expressly given or if the recording or transmitting device is readily apparent or obvious to the speakers. Withdrawal of the consent after the communication has been made shall not prohibit any such employee of a newspaper, magazine, wire service, or radio or television station from divulging the communication or conversation.
[1986 c 38 § 1; 1985 c 260 § 2; 1977 ex.s. c 363 § 1; 1967 ex.s. c 93 § 1.]

Seems like Mr. Wright is $h!t out of luck regarding his desire for me to not record him... simply by making it known that I am recording and the recording containing the fact that I have informed all parties is enough. But I am still pretty sure that the fact that he is a state employee and being recorded while doing his job kinda exempts him from any rights to not be recorded, same with police officers.

Rewatched the vids and I talk too much >< Again, I blame it on being flustered and flat out ticked off at what is going on... But I am still impressed with myself for keeping my cool as much as I did.

Eleventh Circuit (with jurisdiction over Alabama, Florida and Georgia): see Smith v. City of Cumming, 212 F.3d 1332, 1333 (11th Cir. 2000) ("The First Amendment protects the right to gather information about what public officials do on public property, and specifically, a right to record matters of public interest.").

Last edited:

Alpine

Wow, vid 4 @ 3:30 is horrifying.

Cop: "We have lots of rights..., why do you need to exercise this one?"

Then she goes off about how Tacti-Cool CC is...

Ugh.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Cop said:
"We have lots of rights..., why do you need to exercise this one?"

Answer: "Why do you feel you get an opinion?"

This is a win for you, big time.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Vid #1

Vid #2

Vid #3

Vid #4

Seems like Mr. Wright is $h!t out of luck regarding his desire for me to not record him... simply by making it known that I am recording and the recording containing the fact that I have informed all parties is enough. But I am still pretty sure that the fact that he is a state employee and being recorded while doing his job kinda exempts him from any rights to not be recorded, same with police officers.

Rewatched the vids and I talk too much >< Again, I blame it on being flustered and flat out ticked off at what is going on... But I am still impressed with myself for keeping my cool as much as I did.

Your link to video 4 seems to link to video 3 ??

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Difdi

So the school administration staff has decided to discipline me for violation of the school's "Weapons on College Property Policy". I am filing a written appeal first thing tomorrow morning. I will post my appeal here for those to view.

Did you actually meet with the 'director or designee' as WAC 495C-120-120 (2) requires, or did they simply inform you of the decision? In the event of an appeal, the rules in http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=495C-120-160 look absolutely fascinating, since they appear to require the school to justify WHY discipline is applied, on the record, which would greatly simplify any sort of lawsuit against them for violating the WAC.

I'm curious...since they are required to follow certain procedures in order to apply a punishment such as a suspension or trespass notice, and they're NOT following those procedures, do the punishments actually exist? Do they have any force of law, or could you disobey them without official consequences?

Grim_Night

Your link to video 4 seems to link to video 3 ??

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

The links are simply the videos in the correct order

Did you actually meet with the 'director or designee' as WAC 495C-120-120 (2) requires, or did they simply inform you of the decision? In the event of an appeal, the rules in http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=495C-120-160 look absolutely fascinating, since they appear to require the school to justify WHY discipline is applied, on the record, which would greatly simplify any sort of lawsuit against them for violating the WAC.

I'm curious...since they are required to follow certain procedures in order to apply a punishment such as a suspension or trespass notice, and they're NOT following those procedures, do the punishments actually exist? Do they have any force of law, or could you disobey them without official consequences?

No, they did not abide by WAC regarding the discipline procedure. That was one of my big arguments in my original appeal. There was no chance what so ever for me to provide my input BEFORE they filed the paperwork. They simply informed me of the decision already made.

My biggest problem right now is knowing who to contact... It seems there is no accountability at all going on. I told the police that I wanted to file charges for the crimes that have been committed against me and the police told me no. I went to the city hall and tried to talk to the city attorney and again was told no and even more to the fact, was told that I had to get my own lawyer... Even if I did get my own lawyer, I can't file charges... only the police and the PA can file charges of a criminal nature and they refuse to do such.

Last edited: