• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taylor officer killed in the line of duty? OT

kyleplusitunes

edwards-taylor-police-department-michigan-end-of-watch-friday-july-23-2010/

didn't see anything about this here, if anyone wishes to donate to his memorial fund, as I have.

if only there were some armed law abiding citizens there to support him.

PDinDetroit

DetroitBiker

Very Sad , Prayers sent for family and friends of Officer Matthew Edwards
pics from today.

711wrk.jpg

295ajb4.jpg

vhc5tw.jpg

k32n7r.jpg

Last edited:

Michigander

Those pictures are like taps at a funeral. Stomach churningly sad. :(

Here are some more pictures from the free press http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...ory=NEWS&ArtNo=7290804&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

My dad told me he drove through there on the way to a family reunion, and that a bunch of people who worked for the city were collecting donations at an intersection for his family, and that many were distraught enough that they weren't paying enough attention to traffic. I'm not saddened by much, but this really disgusts me.

Perhaps the only good that could come of this is if the exact details of what happened are made public, because there is often much that a shooting where the bad guy wins can teach us about how learn from the mistakes of the victim to better the odds of living if we are attacked.