• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who plans on using in the MD Training when applying for their permit ?

Da Po-lock

Who plans on using the MD Training when applying for their permit ?

I absolutely will be.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

I will the putting it in there with my Hunters Safety Education Cert., NRA Basic Pistol Cert, Defensive Handgun 1 Cert., AZ Permit and UT Permit(if it gets here in time.)

I am not sending it alone, because I don't want a delay. I personally don't think they will be accepted. If the are, GREAT, I think that they should be. But I am not risking it.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I will the putting it in there with my Hunters Safety Education Cert., NRA Basic Pistol Cert, Defensive Handgun 1 Cert., AZ Permit and UT Permit(if it gets here in time.)

I am not sending it alone, because I don't want a delay. I personally don't think they will be accepted. If the are, GREAT, I think that they should be. But I am not risking it.

I guess I'm confused? Why send more than one?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I read somewhere that one should document all the training they aquire and even books that are read that deal with self-defense and the use of deadly-force. That was my line of thought. If you think that is flawed, please let me know.

I would agree you should have all the documentation but I believe all you'll do by sending all that to the DOJ is open lines of confusion. If you want your permit, send just one thing that you are POSITIVE will be accepted. So... hunters safety or another states permit.

I'm sending ONLY the MD certificate to make a point. I firmly believe the DOJ is bloviating about the MD training and will back down at the last moment.

But that's just me..... :D

Da Po-lock

I with you Paul and I also will appeal a rejection in court.
The law is written and I will not accept any interpretation the DOJ "thinks" the meaning may be.

The thing I wonder is with some of the questionable training being sold by out-of-state trainers is if their application is denied will any payment be refunded or credited to them when they send in a second application with training that is approved ?

Has anyone seen what will happen to their payment if their application is denied ?

...........Da Po-lock

M

McX

i plan to use the Penn. Non-Res, and my Utah training document (never got the license), i hope that will be enough. comments?

Firearms Iinstuctor

I have have lots of training certs I could use. I plan on only sending one.

If you need your training brought out in court you well get your chance what the state holds well not make a differants.

I hope they take the online course and issue permits from it. If they don't several years from now if Paul wins he'll get his permit. Court actions can take a long time and the state is using others peoples money.

Good luck Paul may you win.

We might have consitutional carry be for it is settled.

Outdoorsman1

I would join you, but I want my permit yesterday and I don't want to take any chances.

This... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have waited too long to be able to carry loaded and holstered on my hip in a vehicle, (and I suppose the GFSZ thing would be nice too). I will be sending my Utah State Permit (if it arrives in time). If not then I will send my certificate of course completion for either the Utah Permit (I have two) or the NRA Basic Handgun Class ( I have one). It the Utah permit comes in time I will send that (copy) by itself.. If not then I will send (copies) of both Utah course certificates along with the NRA Certificate (and maybe a copy of the Utah Permit application along with the signed postal card proving it was received ( I sent it Certified Mail).

I totally understand the reasons for sending just the MD certificate (I have that as well) but like I said, I have waited too long to be able to "Constitutional Carry" and when I thought we were close to getting that, "They" mandated training, permits, and just for the hell of it, tacked on another 4 months to wait.

I will pick my battles in the future AFTER I have the permit safely in my hands.... I am opting out of this battle. In fact, I have considered (and decided not to for obvious legal and convienience reasons) not even getting the permit and continue as now with just restricted open carry (to prove a point). But hey.... my mamma did not raise any fools.....

Excellent thread....

Outdoorsman1

Edited To Add: ....

I hope they take the online course and issue permits from it. If they don't several years from now if Paul wins he'll get his permit. Court actions can take a long time and the state is using others peoples money.

Good luck Paul may you win.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited: