• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Open Carry Rally for SB-59 in Monroe, MI - 9/30

TheQ

If this bill get pass how will it effect the open carry with cpl in pfz. I read some where in this form it will close the loop hoop about oc in pfz.

This bill will not affect open carry a pistol free zone at all. What it would do is *legitimize* the "loophole" -- making it less "absurd" (Judge Aquilina in People v Watkins)

TheQ

Is this going to be solely an open carry event or is there an expectation that other Michigan Second Amemendment groups and supporters might be in attendance at this rally?

At our last event people who participate on and are members of MGO showed up. These people are not members of nor participate in Michigan Open Carry.

I hope this answers your question?

Ken56

Have been Ill with a BAD cold since last saturday. I doubt I will be attending the rally tomorrow. I would not want to infect anyone else with this. I am still coughing my head off so I must stay home. I enjoyed the first rally so sorry about that as I was looking forward to comming.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Have been Ill with a BAD cold since last saturday. I doubt I will be attending the rally tomorrow. I would not want to infect anyone else with this. I am still coughing my head off so I must stay home. I enjoyed the first rally so sorry about that as I was looking forward to comming.

I believe that you'd not be there a day early - the rally is Sunday, Sept. 30th.

Ken56

Thanks. I am not thinking straight. Is carrying on cold meds ' under the infulence'? I am not sure another day will make any difference in my attending but I assure everyone I will not impose my germs upon you.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Thanks. I am not thinking straight. Is carrying on cold meds ' under the infulence'? I am not sure another day will make any difference in my attending but I assure everyone I will not impose my germs upon you.
I'd say that depends on whether or not they affect you in any way. Some, have alcohol in them, others, if prescribed may have a controlled substance. Check online and see if what you're taking might impair you in anyway, that should answer your question.

As for me, I was hoping to be out of this place, but I'm still stuck here, unless someone in the area wants to take me out for the day. FYI, I'm in Ovid. :(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Carrying prescription medication or over-the-counter meds is not normally going to be a problem, but having them in your system can expose one to certain hazards. Note the warning literature from the pharmacy or label on the bottle regarding "do not operate a motor vehicle or other dangerous equipment." A person's motor skills and cognitive ability can be impacted.

While I cannot immediately recall a case where this was used against anyone in a defensive situation, I am confident that this has occurred.

Get better soon - head colds can be very debilitating.

Adams182

Soo, where was everybody today? I know some may have had legitimate reasons they couldnt attend, but come on. I was a little dissapointed in how many decided not to come out. Thanks to those who did it was nice seeing you all!

Acdrenik

Soo, where was everybody today? I know some may have had legitimate reasons they couldnt attend, but come on. I was a little dissapointed in how many decided not to come out. Thanks to those who did it was nice seeing you all!

I tried so hard to get out there today. Work just would not let me out early enough. Please keep me up to date on the next gathering!

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I wanted to go but, I had no way to get out there. And, anyone who would have been willing to pick me up, would have had to come to Ovid to get me.

detroit_fan

Probably not the best idea to hold it during the Lions game. Most people that come out for Gun Rights are men, most men watch the NFL, kinda easy to see why the turnout was lower.

Q- I signed up to make calls for you today in the email you sent, but I have been calling Randy a lot lately and can only seem to get a voicemail.

TheQ

Probably not the best idea to hold it during the Lions game. Most people that come out for Gun Rights are men, most men watch the NFL, kinda easy to see why the turnout was lower.

Yes, it's easy to understand why our rights are in the crapper. Many modern men would rather watch football than rally for their rights. Piss poor lame excuse.

We held our last rally in Saturday, to accommodate schedules of people who aren't available on Saturdays we held this rally in Sunday.

I'm sorry some "men" felt the compulsive, addictive need to watch football instead.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Yes, it's easy to understand why our rights are in the crapper. Many modern men would rather watch football than rally for their rights. Piss poor lame excuse.

We held our last rally in Saturday, to accommodate schedules of people who aren't available on Saturdays we held this rally in Sunday.

I'm sorry some "men" felt the compulsive, addictive need to watch football instead.

man, the littlest thing will just set you off, won't it? all i was saying is that it may have been the a reason for the lower turnout.

TheQ

man, the littlest thing will just set you off, won't it? all i was saying is that it may have been the a reason for the lower turnout.

It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the men you were making excuses for.

If we hold it Saturday the excuse is college football. If we hold it during the week, the excuse is work. So when should we hold it? :)

I-75S also has something to do with it.

The next rally is in Saline. How about you suggest a date/time 3 or 4 weeks out? (Seriously)

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator

I don't watch football. It's too violent. :)

TheQ

You know what? My wife and I like to go out on Saturday night and stay out late late. We didn't go out this Saturday. You know why?

Because it's important to us. That's the bottom line.