• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Store owner may be booted from mall for defending himself - In TN

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well the store owner was using deadly force to attempt to reclaim his property, not protecting himself.

IMO - not a good decision.

09jisaac

Most likely he is losing his lease for chasing people out of his shop, out of the mall, and into the parking lot and then shooting wildly at nothing in particular.

Just my thought on it.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
David -

Pretend that I am as dumb as you sometimes think I am. Then explain to me how chasing someone while waving a gun and then shooting at them as they run away from yiou is "defending".

Take your time. I have lots of popcorn and a 64-oz Big Gulp, and I'm sitting in my comfy chair while I wait.

stay safe.

PALO

David -

Pretend that I am as dumb as you sometimes think I am. Then explain to me how chasing someone while waving a gun and then shooting at them as they run away from yiou is "defending".

Take your time. I have lots of popcorn and a 64-oz Big Gulp, and I'm sitting in my comfy chair while I wait.

stay safe.

You have a 64 ounce big gulp?

Does mayor Bloomberg know about your felonious libation?

In all seriousness, thank god for the courts in striking down that nannystate abomination

PALO

Well the store owner was using deadly force to attempt to reclaim his property, not protecting himself.

IMO - not a good decision.

w3rd

Warning shots, especially in a case where you are attempting to stop people for a pure property crime where no force was used or threatened (the article at least doesn't mention any, and I recogize that many times the media get it wrong) is a very bad idea. And double especially bad idea if it's an urban area. etc where you don't have a good location to fire your warning shots INTO.

My agency recently got rid of our warning shot policy. It was an anachronism. Never used

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
w3rd

Warning shots, especially in a case where you are attempting to stop people for a pure property crime where no force was used or threatened (the article at least doesn't mention any, and I recogize that many times the media get it wrong) is a very bad idea. And double especially bad idea if it's an urban area. etc where you don't have a good location to fire your warning shots INTO.

My agency recently got rid of our warning shot policy. It was an anachronism. Never used
Warning shots are potential criminal and/or civil liablity looking for targets of opportunity.

JoeSparky

Centurion
David -

stay safe.

Only a 64 oz Big Gulp? I remember the DOUBLE BIG GULP! But, then again, I've never been to NY City or State. Bloomburg be DAMNED!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Only a 64 oz Big Gulp? I remember the DOUBLE BIG GULP! But, then again, I've never been to NY City or State. Bloomburg be DAMNED!

I unfortunately must sometimes travel through NYC ... but I do save up all my farts inside for about a year & then let them loose when I hit the city limits ... ya know? Ya cannot tell the difference.

Oh, did I mention that I hate NYC?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Gawdawful Journalism

So, lemme get this straight. The Blaze includes a sensational comment about the owner might lose his lease, sourcing it to the WREG report.

But, that report makes an unsupported comment to the same effect, and a few lines down proves it is nothing but speculation by saying the mall management company isn't commenting on the lease.

And, then the OP picks up the story and posts that total speculation here as the central concern.

Do I have all that correct?