• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDO Challenge Coins

Neo

Campaign Veteran
I've been absent for a bit and just happened to see the OCDO challenge coins in the online store. I'd like to order one. How much longer before they're back in stock?

1245A Defender

Well,,,

There is no official OCDO challenge coin.

A VCDL member has produced a number of them on his own. Don't know what he might have in stock - feel free to contact him direct.
http://www.edsorder.com/

Odd,,, my coin is burnt silver and gold.
It says , We the people,,, the right to keep and bear, a right unexercised,,, etc..
And,,, "Opencarry.org"

1245A Defender

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hmmm - that does look like something that John might have done. Quite nice looking.

stealthyeliminator

Much want.

Edit: Forgive my ignorance, who is the figure on the front?

Edit: goddess Themis, nevermind.

Are they in stock or out? The page says both.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!

Hmmm - that does look like something that John might have done. Quite nice looking.

Well I guess that answers that question. There is an official OCDO challenge coin.

Surprised that I forgot about it - wonder if John reordered/has any in stock.

I also am surprised you could forget...
From the,,, coins are shipping thread,,, 2 years ago...

08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Grapeshot
user-offline.png

Super Moderator
6.gif
Join DateMay 2006LocationN. Chesterfield, Va.Posts28,922

John really out did himself this time. They are beautiful!

Might suggest that they would make great inlays for a rifle stock.

Mine will enjoy a place of honor in a display cabinet I made from a china breakfront.​

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I also am surprised you could forget...
From the,,, coins are shipping thread,,, 2 years ago...

08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Grapeshot
user-offline.png

Super Moderator
6.gif
Join DateMay 2006LocationN. Chesterfield, Va.Posts28,922

John really out did himself this time. They are beautiful!

Might suggest that they would make great inlays for a rifle stock.

Mine will enjoy a place of honor in a display cabinet I made from a china breakfront.​

Have to admit that after I sent the earlier reply, I went and checked in my display cabinet.....there it was in all of it's glory.

Guess my synapse snapped - glad one of us remembered :)

Rusty Young Man

Well I guess that answers that question. There is an official OCDO challenge coin.

Surprised that I forgot about it - wonder if John reordered/has any in stock.

Just saw this. If there is enough interest stirred up, maybe another run of coins wouldn't be out of the picture?
I'd like to buy four coins myself; one to keep, and three to give away to trusted family (of which only one shares a similar genetic code :p).

Neo

Campaign Veteran
OP

That would be me! :)

The OCDO store says, "NOTE: Coins are temporarily out of stock. It may take up to two months for the next shipment to arrive."

I'd like to be notified when coins are available. Or, if we need to pre-order, I'd be happy to do that as well.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
That would be me! :)

The OCDO store says, "NOTE: Coins are temporarily out of stock. It may take up to two months for the next shipment to arrive."

I'd like to be notified when coins are available. Or, if we need to pre-order, I'd be happy to do that as well.

I had shipped all of the last orders and exhausted the coins on-hand.

Given the renewed interest, I placed an order for new stock today. I asked the company to expedite the shipment but they will not guarantee them to be in in time for me to get them to you by Christmas. :(

If you are interested, please go ahead and place your orders.

Thanks!

John