• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Emanuel cannot run for mayor

jbone

Last I saw, the Illinois Supreme Court has issued a stay placing him back on the ballot.

I see this hit the news today, the stay is just allowing ballots to be printed while they decide the case. It's in no way saying he's back and legal in the running for Mayor Thug. The NO ruling in the appeals still stands.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Quite frankly, I find it wrong that he wasn't required to establish residence in Maryland. Many states will not allow you live extended periods without at least establishing dual residencies. He took a job which he knew might require him to live outside of Chicago for 4 years or more and then tries to claim he "resided" in Chicago all along? WOW

You are in fact, correct. MD DOES require that one register their automobile and get a MD driver's license if an individual is residing (owns, leases or rents residential property) in MD for more than 6 months. If you haven't changed everything over after 6 months, you can be charged with driving an unregistered vehicle and driving on an improper license. COMAR 11.11.06.02

For income tax reasons, MD considers a person a "resident of MD" if they have lived in MD for more than 12 months, REGARDLESS of the fact that they may own property in another state, or have not established residency in MD by properly and lawfully changing their DL and vehicle registration over to MD. (Tax General Article of the MD Code 10-101)

Rahm was, if he in fact DIDN'T register his vehicle, change his DL to MD, and failed to pay MD income tax, breaking the law.

But in MD, the law is different for people like Rahm. There are, apparently, a set of super-secret laws and statutes in MD for powerful, wealthy, and well-connected individuals that are not on the books, or available in any library or website. These laws are apparently written in invisible ink, and can only be made visible by the application of copious amounts of campaign contributions to the Governor, though they sometimes become visible in the presence of tremendous political power, and sometimes they also are visible magically to people who have over-inflated senses of aristocratic entitlement...

The "color of law" in Maryland is Green and Gold...

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

You are in fact, correct. MD DOES require that one register their automobile and get a MD driver's license if an individual is residing (owns, leases or rents residential property) in MD for more than 6 months. If you haven't changed everything over after 6 months, you can be charged with driving an unregistered vehicle and driving on an improper license. COMAR 11.11.06.02

For income tax reasons, MD considers a person a "resident of MD" if they have lived in MD for more than 12 months, REGARDLESS of the fact that they may own property in another state, or have not established residency in MD by properly and lawfully changing their DL and vehicle registration over to MD. (Tax General Article of the MD Code 10-101)

Rahm was, if he in fact DIDN'T register his vehicle, change his DL to MD, and failed to pay MD income tax, breaking the law.

But in MD, the law is different for people like Rahm. There are, apparently, a set of super-secret laws and statutes in MD for powerful, wealthy, and well-connected individuals that are not on the books, or available in any library or website. These laws are apparently written in invisible ink, and can only be made visible by the application of copious amounts of campaign contributions to the Governor, though they sometimes become visible in the presence of tremendous political power, and sometimes they also are visible magically to people who have over-inflated senses of aristocratic entitlement...

The "color of law" in Maryland is Green and Gold...

Are we assuming he lived in MD? The news report I saw said he lived in DC and filed IL and DC taxes.

jbone

Lets hope he gets does poorly in the polls and in the debates. Yet wait till the POTUS comes and raise money for him instead of doing what is supposed to be doing.

Unfortunate as it would be, I bet his does well, that city seems to invite those types into their homes. Certainly in his best interest to campaign helping the election a long, keeping the corrupt machine lubed for his return in two years will be priority for sure. The failed economy he can blame on the next POTUS.

Add: as eye95 said, this ruling was to be expected from the Chicago machine, they do have some frightening reach.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Mitch Henessey: ...everyone knows, when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of "u" and "umption".

I once had a company commander use that line on me. He didn't take it well when I pointed out that there was a notice in writing that he had assumed command of the company and was he admitting he was an ass, or was he calling the Department of the Army asses for approving his command?

That didn't go over well, but he never used that phrase again.

Last edited: