• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO has ND while holstering; hits himself and another LEO

bullseye

Campaign Veteran
Title of the video incorrectly states that he is putting his sidearm into the lockbox. He is actually removing it and holstering the sidearm when the ND occurs. After the ND, he walks away and leaves the gun lying on the floor in a hallway full of detainees!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c63_1299375791&c=1

This should remind everyone to ensure that there is nothing that can inadvertently engage the trigger while holstering. Untucked shirt, string on jackets, Fingers!, etc

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Another example of why citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry handguns. If a highly trained, highly skilled professional shoots himself in the ass...I mean, only our outstanding law enforcement professionals...uhhh, the police will take care of you. Just respect their authoratee....

sraacke

Another example that any time you handle a firearm you increase the chances of a ND. We often say, A Holstered Gun is a Safe Gun. By removing a gun from it's holster and then having to reholster you are running a risk of something like this occuring. I understand that it's important to be disarmed in a jail/prison setting. I'm a former state corrections officer and would never want someone carrying into my area of the prison or near my inmates. So if you must disarm, be sure to handle your gun with care and when possible choose to leave the gun secured in it's holster while removing the holster from your belt. Lock the holstered pistol in the lockbox when able. It may take a bit longer to rearm if you have to put your holster back on your belt but keeping the trigger covered by the holster is a benefit that should be strongly weighed. This is a strong arguement for using a paddle holster if you are going to be locking up your weapon regularly.

usamarshal

Wonder why he didn't drop the mag and eject the round before putting the firearm away?

Fallschirjmäger

Another example of why citizens shouldn't be allowed to carry handguns. If a highly trained, highly skilled professional shoots himself in the ass...I mean, only our outstanding law enforcement professionals...uhhh, the police will take care of you. Just respect their authoratee....

Yknow.... I'm starting to think that the reason why so many in law enforcement see firearms in the hands of the citizenry as dangerous is because they see what happens with firearms in their own L.E. hands so often.