• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at union station

kcgunfan

Has anyone looked at OC at union station? We are taking the family there today for the celebration.

I haven't, but the last tine I was there, I didn't notice any signage. I'm not sure of the ownership, but I don't think KCMO owns it.

peterarthur

On the webpage it says "Union Station Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.", which I believe makes it private property. I will check out the signage.

Anyone who is going let me know on this thread.

peterarthur

Please update on whether you OC'd at the celebration and your results. Thanks.

I did OC. I never saw anyone else carrying. I saw about a dozen LEO's. The ones by the crown plaza mad dogged me, but at the memorial, I am not sure if any even noticed me. The crowd was very friendly and I had a few questions, but most people just nodded and smiled. Not a single incident to report.

Beautiful weather, great music and a fun time!

kcgunfan

Well, I was at Union Station Friday, to catch a train to STL (so I wasn't carrying, duh..) There is signage now:

IMG_20110624_135309.jpg

I found the signage interesting though. If you look up Kansas City MO's ordinance 59050, you will find that it is the anti-smoking ordinance. Everything I've ben taught about reading context would expect me to think the reference is for the weapons prohibited piece. The sign references both no smoking and no weapons, so you might think if they would give the ordinance for one, they would give the ordinance for the other. I wonder if it's just wishful thinking that weapons are banned on their part.

kylemoul

maybe it means you cant have one of them gun lighters.

i think it means your gun cannot smoke. tell your glock smoking is bad.

Fallschirjmäger

Funny thing about signs like that... you can carry cigars, cigarettes, pipes, tobacco, lighters, matches... you can carry whatever you like as long as you aren't smoking.

By the same reasoning, shouldn't you be able to carry so long as you aren't shooting?

Last edited: