• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Erik Scott's Family Drops the Lawsuit

usmcmustang

Nothing indicates he did what you claim.

But that doesn't matter to this poster because he will "defend" cops and those who "defend" cops because he IS a cop or one who believes cops must always be "defended" and "legitimized." He will go to great lengths to contrive stories and situations that make the cops out to be always righteous, moral, and "smart." That's just the way things are...

punisherprice

This guy is good! Not really. I have no issues with police nor do i absolutely love them. I've had both positive and negative situations with them. I guess noone's account is actually factual. It also said in one of links that this shooting had one of the most eyewitnesses in over a number of shootings. The shooting took place in the entrance which is cornered by the whole parking lot. If you were looking basically in any direction, you couldve seen it. And it says clearly in the text that he aimed his weapon. Its cut and dry. I wouldnt have let him come around his back with it.

wrightme

But that doesn't matter to this poster because he will "defend" cops and those who "defend" cops because he IS a cop or one who believes cops must always be "defended" and "legitimized." He will go to great lengths to contrive stories and situations that make the cops out to be always righteous, moral, and "smart." That's just the way things are...

Yes, but at least by pointing out the obvious flaws in his arguments, his points are invalidated for others to read.

And, as he resorted to the ad-hominem argument against you instead of refuting your position with facts, he admitted he had an indefensible position.

wrightme

This guy is good! Not really. I have no issues with police nor do i absolutely love them. I've had both positive and negative situations with them. I guess noone's account is actually factual. It also said in one of links that this shooting had one of the most eyewitnesses in over a number of shootings. The shooting took place in the entrance which is cornered by the whole parking lot. If you were looking basically in any direction, you couldve seen it. And it says clearly in the text that he aimed his weapon. Its cut and dry. I wouldnt have let him come around his back with it.

What text, and where? WHO claims that he aimed his weapon? HOW does anyone 'aim' a weapon while it is inside the holster?

An honest evaluation of the facts is that he attempted to disarm, and that was a bad time to do such. NOTHING indicates that he aimed his weapon.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
my brother works at that Costco, and the story was quite different than what Erik's family was pushing. I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class. He was a morphine addict, which was why the military booted him. He wasn't a war hero, never served overseas. He was caught in costco trying to steal beer while under the influence of 4x the normal amount of morphine that would sit any thing on two legs down. The security guard seen the gun in his waistband and moved all the shoppers outside without giving them an explanation so they wouldn't panic. Being curious, the shoppers waited around the main entrance outside until LEO's showed. Scott then came outside and when told to get on the ground, he then reached for his firearm. There was at least 20 people behind the cops and even if Scott fired one round, it couldve hit anyone. They fired several rounds but due to morphine, he remained on his feet. Metro was damned if they did, damned if they dont. If they decided to taser scott, and he managed to squeeze off a round killing an 8 year old, Metro would still be crucified in trying to act accordingly. He also had 3 magazines of .380acp in his pockets, and one in his firearm. I carry 5 in the cylinder and 25 on my belt, but four mags? IMHO i feel this was a suicide-by-cop sorta thing. I just didnt like how they blew him up to be the next Audie Murphy, and he was really nobody. The family agreed to drop the case if all legal fees were dropped also. They knew they had nothing to go on. Know when to quit.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because that's how real life is.

usmcmustang

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because that's how real life is.

Real life? Real life? What the hey !?!? "That's" how real life is? What is "That's?" pray tell.

The police were justified in taking this person's life because? Because why? Without the presence and the subsequent actions and reactions of the police, was this individual a threat to others?... or the police for that matter? Please ponder that question.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Real life? Real life? What the hey !?!? "That's" how real life is? What is "That's?" pray tell.

The police were justified in taking this person's life because? Because why? Without the presence and the subsequent actions and reactions of the police, was this individual a threat to others?... or the police for that matter? Please ponder that question.

I was making fun of punisherprice's ridiculous version of events. The fact that anybody would believe such a story is hilarious. Talk about a well-indoctrinated apologist-to-be! I don't have to know anything to a certainty to realize that, with a story like that, it's obviously a lie, and if it's a lie, there has to be a good reason for it.

BTW:

Your crime class... may I ask what vocation you are pursuing?

lol. You really have to ask that question? Look at his username. QED.

Last edited:

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
Obviously you don't like LEO's, so this discussion is over. Look at stories from both sides. Right when you said Cops are out there to kill you, anything previously said goes out the window. Hugely biased. And arguing so your point is made is not why i posted on here, but to inform that this guy isnt a saint. You keep bringing up him being shot for being under the influence, him pulling his gun out and aiming at the police is a sure way to get dead, very quickly. We always talk about self-defense, you come home to a guy in your house, you pull your gun and tell him to lay down. He pulls his gun. Im guessing you would rather try to talk him down while he's slinging rounds at you :lol:

i've always hated the 'anti-cop' card, especially because the hypocrisy by the card puller is totally ignored as he paints his completely biased 'pro cop' persona.

usmcmustang

i've always hated the 'anti-cop' card, especially because the hypocrisy by the card puller is totally ignored as he paints his completely biased 'pro cop' persona.

Again... without the presence and the subsequent actions and reactions of the police, was this individual a threat to others?... or the police for that matter? Just what was his CRIME??? Please ponder those questions.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Again... without the presence and the subsequent actions and reactions of the police, was this individual a threat to others?... or the police for that matter? Just what was his CRIME??? Please ponder those questions.

Another post which I interpreted as being critical towards the "version" of events portrayed by punisherprice. I think you should read more carefully... most of us agree with you.

NVCowboy

my brother works at that Costco, and the story was quite different than what Erik's family was pushing. I also studied this shooting very thoroughly in my crime class. He was a morphine addict, which was why the military booted him. He wasn't a war hero, never served overseas. He was caught in costco trying to steal beer while under the influence of 4x the normal amount of morphine that would sit any thing on two legs down. The security guard seen the gun in his waistband and moved all the shoppers outside without giving them an explanation so they wouldn't panic. Being curious, the shoppers waited around the main entrance outside until LEO's showed. Scott then came outside and when told to get on the ground, he then reached for his firearm. There was at least 20 people behind the cops and even if Scott fired one round, it couldve hit anyone. They fired several rounds but due to morphine, he remained on his feet. Metro was damned if they did, damned if they dont. If they decided to taser scott, and he managed to squeeze off a round killing an 8 year old, Metro would still be crucified in trying to act accordingly. He also had 3 magazines of .380acp in his pockets, and one in his firearm. I carry 5 in the cylinder and 25 on my belt, but four mags? IMHO i feel this was a suicide-by-cop sorta thing. I just didnt like how they blew him up to be the next Audie Murphy, and he was really nobody. The family agreed to drop the case if all legal fees were dropped also. They knew they had nothing to go on. Know when to quit.

Sounds to me like he and Mr. LIARley must be buds huh? Methinks you didn't study much at all there chief. You didn't and don't have access to Erik Scott's military records, so the myth about him being booted out for drugs has been debunked. How do you know he never served overseas? If you had served a day in the US Armed Forces you would know that numerous military members have served in Classified overseas assignments that don't show up in records accessible by non-initiates and initiates alike. I have no idea if you have served in the US Armed Forces, but personally, IMO if you haven't served in the armed forces I don't think you have ANY right to make judgements against another military member, past or present, who has served HONORABLY like Erik Scott did. He was caught stealing beer? Where in the hell did you get that BS from? Myth debunked. If someone is running around waving a gun inside a building, word will spread like wildfire and there is no way that wanna be security guard with an arrest warrant out of Alaska for FTA on an assault charge(oh crap, conveniently missed out on that did we?) is going to keep people from running like sheep from the fire. Myth debunked. Now we move on to the stupid moves the cops made. Why those yahoos fired 7 rounds into a crowded area is beyond me. That is the first thing they teach LEOs in firearms training. If you fire your weapon into a crowd and hit an innocent third person, the liability is squarely on you and no one is going to help you. PERIOD. Now where did you see that he had all these rounds and such on him? Were you privvy to the actual inventory taken by the detectives at the scene? Somehow I don't think you were. Oh and the most important part to this whole thing. Where's the video? Why was it that the DVR just happened to be broke during the time that all this supposedly happened? Oh and why wasn't this DVR IMMEDIATELY siezed after the shooting? Rule #1 of crime scene evidence security broken. Why was it so imperative that the county have to have someone break into Erik's apartment right after he was shot? The shooting happened at Costco, not at his apartment. Everything they could have possibly needed could have been retrieved later. Sealing the apartment would have been right, but actually getting inside, I don't think so. I think you need to get a refund on that crime class, you obviously got ripped off.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Oh, come on, isn't ANYONE going to laugh at PP's idea of carrying a 5-shot revolver with 5 extra units of fire -- especially while he's trying to make the point that it's crazy to carry 3 spare units of fire for a .380 . . ?

Now that you mention it, yes, yes I will.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

That was a good one. I'm beginning to question the veracity of the poster himself.

Last edited:

NVCowboy

I think he got exactly what he wanted from it.

You are absolutely correct marshaul, he did. I'm sure the youngster probably has lifetime subscriptions to the National Enquirer, the Star and the Weekly World News. Probably takes everything that's printed in them as the gospel too.

Robin47

Sounds to me like he and Mr. LIARley must be buds huh? Methinks you didn't study much at all there chief. You didn't and don't have access to Erik Scott's military records, so the myth about him being booted out for drugs has been debunked. How do you know he never served overseas? If you had served a day in the US Armed Forces you would know that numerous military members have served in Classified overseas assignments that don't show up in records accessible by non-initiates and initiates alike. I have no idea if you have served in the US Armed Forces, but personally, IMO if you haven't served in the armed forces I don't think you have ANY right to make judgements against another military member, past or present, who has served HONORABLY like Erik Scott did. He was caught stealing beer? Where in the hell did you get that BS from? Myth debunked. If someone is running around waving a gun inside a building, word will spread like wildfire and there is no way that wanna be security guard with an arrest warrant out of Alaska for FTA on an assault charge(oh crap, conveniently missed out on that did we?) is going to keep people from running like sheep from the fire. Myth debunked. Now we move on to the stupid moves the cops made. Why those yahoos fired 7 rounds into a crowded area is beyond me. That is the first thing they teach LEOs in firearms training. If you fire your weapon into a crowd and hit an innocent third person, the liability is squarely on you and no one is going to help you. PERIOD. Now where did you see that he had all these rounds and such on him? Were you privvy to the actual inventory taken by the detectives at the scene? Somehow I don't think you were. Oh and the most important part to this whole thing. Where's the video? Why was it that the DVR just happened to be broke during the time that all this supposedly happened? Oh and why wasn't this DVR IMMEDIATELY siezed after the shooting? Rule #1 of crime scene evidence security broken. Why was it so imperative that the county have to have someone break into Erik's apartment right after he was shot? The shooting happened at Costco, not at his apartment. Everything they could have possibly needed could have been retrieved later. Sealing the apartment would have been right, but actually getting inside, I don't think so. I think you need to get a refund on that crime class, you obviously got ripped off.

I have something to add to here many people don't know, but I found out a LOT of Military now is on Psyco-drugs for depression
over 1/3 that's big. Last I heard, It could be more !
So its really a wonder how they could fight, and even survive and come home with half a mind left.
Yeah many things are coming out through alternative media.
The "Some" Psyco-Doctors in the Military now are worried because of so much Legal drugs being given to our Military personal.
So there might be more to this then what we can know about.
However this business of giving Psyco drugs to our men and woman in service is a real danger !
Its sad but true ! Robin47 :(

Last edited: