• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner in Lexington KY

Onnie

Ok, Ill tell you what I did, you tell me what you would do!

I had a hankering for BBQ so when I stopped into Lexington last week on my way back home from a 8 day Motorcycle trip, I put on my leather jacket and vest and 45 and headed over to the local bbq that has a 5 star rating.

As I walked in, the owner (i assume) said

OWNER: OH, you have a gun on your hip!

ME: YES

OWNER: WE have a child in here!

ME: Are you asking me to leave?

OWNER: Ah, well, Ah no!

ME: I have no problem going some place else, I won't take off my gun.

OWNER: do you think you can put that on safety? I am concerned about the safety of the child!

ME: (I ACTUALLY thought at this point he asked me to leave, when he asked me to put it on safely, I though he asked me to safely put in on the bike, listening the the recording he did not asks me that)
thats ok Ill just go someplace else

OWNER: please stay, I just am concerned about the child, if you could just put it on safety Id feel much better

ME: Sure, I can do that!

was not exactly how I had hopped the visit would go, but at least I was able to keep the gun on

I had the best BBQ I had in quite a while
anyways that is how it went!

side note: the guy taking my money was wide-eye amazed that it was legal to carry around a gun in the open, on my hip.
WOW, I did not know you could do that. I explained he needed to find out the laws in Kentucky, on how and who may do so there!
I had more people watching me!!! It was great!!!

Last edited:

griffin

There must be some sort of rule violation that you mentioned a great BBQ place but didn't give its name.
toetap.gif

I go through Lexington usually a couple of times a year and am always looking for great places to eat on the road! :p

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Two points:

This story would be so much better with video of eyes popping out of the guys head.

I know you, so to me you look like the nice guy you are. To them you may as well of been a Klingon & they must of been worried your disruptor would turn the place into ashes...just saying... ;)

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Put it on safety ?

I think you handled it nicely as the manager ? asked you not to leave , I guess they must not open carry as much as we do here in Michigan :shocker:[/B][/B]

Onnie

There must be some sort of rule violation that you mentioned a great BBQ place but didn't give its name.
toetap.gif

I go through Lexington usually a couple of times a year and am always looking for great places to eat on the road! :p

Brooks BBQ LLC
771 East New Circle Road, Lexington, KY
(859) 523-7529 ‎

I certainly could have "pretended" i put it on safety, but my canon has a safety and I figured it was the easiest thing to do, i was hankering for BBQ

cmdr_iceman71

The manner in which the manager was carrying on about putting the gun on safety for the sake of the children he must thought that your gun was going to unholster itself without your knowledge while youre sitting there eating BBQ and float around the restaurant targeting and shooting just the children.

Or perhaps he thought his BBQ was so good that it would turn you into some raving mad man while eating it and in your eating frenzy your gun would somehow come flying out of the holster? lol

xmanhockey7

The manner in which the manager was carrying on about putting the gun on safety for the sake of the children he must thought that your gun was going to unholster itself without your knowledge while youre sitting there eating BBQ and float around the restaurant targeting and shooting just the children.

Or perhaps he thought his BBQ was so good that it would turn you into some raving mad man while eating it and in your eating frenzy your gun would somehow come flying out of the holster? lol

[video=youtube;Ff5DlpZiMZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff5DlpZiMZ0&feature=youtu.be[/video] Jump to about 1:15. That's what could happen if the BBQ was that good

Last edited: