• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wauwatosa police officer found dead

Lurchiron

Last edited:

protias

There's no cause reported, so how do you know that (s)he didn't choke on a stale doughnut???
Instead of being first to post, maybe first to find the facts would be a good strategy...:eek:

How about reading between the lines in an article, especially this part:

Several law enforcement agencies have responded to the area after the initial report of an officer down, including the Wauwatosa, West Allis and Elm Grove police departments as well as the Wisconsin State Patrol.

It is pretty easy to tell it wasn't from a stale donut.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If suicide, this continues to prove why cops should not be allowed access to dangerous weapons.

protias

Story now says she was shot multiple times, so not a suicide.

Last edited:

Lurchiron

The investigation continues unless the perp left his DL and a note it could take a while to find out who,what and why.

I heard that they're working on it being a fly-by because they found spilled milk, cookie crumbs, and reindeer prints near the scene... I'm thinking it was a naughty listing gone bad. :rolleyes:

davidmcbeth

Banned
In my state, an equal # of troopers have been killed by trooper spouses as by bad guys....

so lets see what this one ends up being due to ...

Clearly the person(s) should be found and put to trial if appropriate.

MKEgal

Joseph, you miss a lot by not being on Facebook any longer. This was being talked about almost as soon as it hit the air Monday.
Lurchiron said:
There's no cause reported, so how do you know that (s)he didn't choke on a stale doughnut???
She was shot multiple times. (IIRC, 8 or 9.)

smithman said:
so it can't be a suicide
Not necessarily. First shot could have failed to cause death quickly enough.
She'd have to be very determined to shoot herself 8 times.
And they aren't saying if her gun was fired, or if it was even left with her body.

I'm grimly amused at what an effort the Tosa cops go to when there's a murder in their town,
and the fuss the media makes,
while the several-times-a-week murders next door in Milwaukee are ho-hum, get a couple police cars for a few hours, maybe a mention on the evening news once or twice...
Or do you think maybe this has something to do with the victim being an officer? :mad:

MKEgal

Yeah, the noon news said he's a "person of interest" and "not under arrest", but he's being held & questioned at the W Allis PD.
Whaddayawanna bet he's not free to leave (so he really is under arrest)? :mad:
Hope he has the sense to demand a lawyer & not say anything.
I'm glad that the Tosa PD at least had the sense not to involve themselves, which could taint any results.

Last edited:

TyGuy

This scared the crap out of me. An old Air Force buddy is a cop in Tosa. I'm glad he's safe, but I feel terrible for this officer's family.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Clearly, marriage is the cause of all spousal homicide. How is it still legal?

Its the women, I tell ya!

Here's the proof. Some years ago, a study was done. Survey actually. Numerous married couples were asked how long they knew their spouse before the wedding. The women averaged a couple months earlier than the men. The conclusion: the poor husbands were already in the sights before they even noticed the woman.

:D