• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman violates .270....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
A case of road rage in Seattle on Tuesday morning included colliding cars, angry words, thrown punches and a brandished pistol.
The combatants were two women.
In the end, Seattle police arrested a 28-year-old woman and booked her into the King County Jail.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Cars-collide-woman-s-fists-fly-gun-brandished-2147769.php#ixzz1WZDq9hvw

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

Ruby

There goes her permit, most likely, and any gun rights, as it should be if she has no more self control than that. In addition to that, she may be looking at jail time. Gogo, is that not a felony? Obviously she was the instigator so she can't claim self defense. I hope she knows a damn good attorney!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
There goes her permit, most likely, and any gun rights, as it should be if she has no more self control than that. In addition to that, she may be looking at jail time. Gogo, is that not a felony? Obviously she was the instigator so she can't claim self defense. I hope she knows a damn good attorney!

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her concealed pistol license, if any. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.

amlevin

In that neighborhood/part of town? A job I had many years ago took me regularly into that area. Very few had permits then but there were lots of guns carried. This area of Martin Luther King Blvd and nearby Rainier Avenue is one where you take your life in your hands if you wander into it by accident.

Even if she does loose her permit I'd wager that she'll still carry a gun. Ever wonder how many people drive with suspended/revoked/no Drivers License? Why are CPL's different?

Also, it doesn't matter what she's charged with, it's a matter of what she finally plea's out to. Nothing in our Justice System is cut and dried. It's all a matter of how good a "deal maker" you are (or hire in the form of an Attorney).

Ruby

It will also depend on whether or not she has any priors, and what the nature of them is. Were it up to me, she would be charged with aggravated assault. :eek:

Dave Workman

I don't, s/he might get her off the hook!

(Just teasing, I know what you meant.) :)

Geo, I was hoping you weren't kidding.
I'm in agreement with BigDave on this one. This looney (rhymes with 'Rich') deserves whatever a judge throws at her. This is EXACTLY the kind of behavior that the Brady Bunch will use as a prime example of why citizens should not be allowed to carry defensive firearms.

She'll probably be calling my office for an attorney referral.

Jeff Hayes

Geo, I was hoping you weren't kidding.
I'm in agreement with BigDave on this one. This looney (rhymes with 'Rich') deserves whatever a judge throws at her. This is EXACTLY the kind of behavior that the Brady Bunch will use as a prime example of why citizens should not be allowed to carry defensive firearms.

She'll probably be calling my office for an attorney referral.

+1000

Wobbles

This is the sort of thing that throws the responsible among us under the bus for the anti's. Common sense isn't too common