• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auburn.....

Thor80

So to keep in on topic, I wish I could carry out here. But alas, I drove a company rig over and they said no firearms allowed, even just transporting....

It looks like a bomb went off here! Breihl, I think we're out here helping you guys out. Lets just say that my company sent me over to help out with storm damage restoration of your guys "largest" communications (internet) provider.

I'll mostly be working for the next week or so, but if any of ya'll want to get some evening dinner or something let me know! :)

-Thor

hrlysef

Banned
So to keep in on topic, I wish I could carry out here. But alas, I drove a company rig over and they said no firearms allowed, even just transporting....

It looks like a bomb went off here! Breihl, I think we're out here helping you guys out. Lets just say that my company sent me over to help out with storm damage restoration of your guys "largest" communications (internet) provider.

I'll mostly be working for the next week or so, but if any of ya'll want to get some evening dinner or something let me know! :)

-Thor

Jimmy Mac's is just 10 minutes away up in Federal Way, they are on the OC friendly list, Longhorn BBq is in Auburn and might be a good option. I can't meet up Sunday-Tuesday but should be able to on any other day, even just for coffee.

Last edited:

briehl12

Yea Auburn is not the best place. I let my girl pick the area... Go figure:banghead:.... I am planning on buying a house and looking into Maple Valley... Much nicer area.

Freedom First

Normal for Auburn. It's a combo of ghetto and white trash, generally.[/COLOR]

I haven't been back to Auburn in a decade. I grew up there and saw it change dramatically around the time they put that stupid "Supermall" in. Too many apartments and industrial areas for troublemakers to settle in.

Too bad, I have lot's of great memories from my years growing up there: Wagner's hobby shop, Trotter's, tubing on the Green River, tormenting the security guys at the college, Comstock's Bookstore on Main Street... Ah, the good old days of ignorant bliss.

Last edited:

Thor80

Yea Auburn is not the best place. I let my girl pick the area... Go figure:banghead:.... I am planning on buying a house and looking into Maple Valley... Much nicer area.

I just spent all day working up in Maple Valley today as its part of the area supported from our Auburn shop. Seems like a very nice place, reminds me of the "Otis Orchards" area back in Spokane. A lot of rural type areas/homes with some mixed in subdevelopment stuff. I hung a 560ft long cable across a cow pasture out there today to restore service to some folks out there. Just like home.

Hrlysef, If there's any kind of coffee meet coming up coming up in the area this weekend let me know, I'd try to swing by on lunch. Or if anyone is around for dinner it'd have to be close to Auburn as i'm in a company rig and cant go too far out of my way for dinner. I don't know much more than the Applebees or the Mexican restaurant next the the hotel though....

-Thor

Last edited: