• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heartbleed

sudden valley gunner

For us non techy guys....suggestions on what we can do? The only thing I pay online is my mortgage is that in trouble? Talk to me like I am totally ignorant on how this works.....cuz I am.

stealthyeliminator

"The stern denial came amid growing panic among Internet users the world over about the newly exposed flaw, after a report by Bloomberg News said the spy agency decided to keep quiet about the matter and even used it to scoop up more data, including passwords. "NSA was not aware of the recently identified vulnerability in OpenSSL, the so-called Heartbleed vulnerability, until it was made public in a private-sector cybersecurity report," NSA spokeswoman Vanee Vines said in an email, "Reports that say otherwise are wrong."

http://phys.org/news/2014-04-nsa-denies-exploiting-heartbleed-vulnerability.html

Who believes them? Their word is worthless. They're a spy agency, and a government agency. Double whammy on the untrustworthy note.