• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheap ammo and gear

Dave1776

Hi All

First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price!

OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun as she has been against the idea until recently. So that is good that she is changing her mind.

Now when I do get one I will no doubt want to be able to go to the range and learn to use and handle it as often as my budget will allow. A big part of this will no doubt be ammo.

Is there an inexpensive website or place I can purchase ammo (LEGALLY) and also gear that will hence let me go to the range more often without breaking the bank doing so! Right now am sort of leaning towards a 9M but not yet 100% sure.

Thanks
Dave

Dave1776

Thanks will check both out! Just trying to find a way to practice without going broke at the same time HA HA

OC Freedom

If you ever get over to Spokane you will want to go to the "White Elephant". Best prices on guns, ammo, and shooting supplies.

Black sheep in Coeur D' Alene Idaho next to Spokane isn't to bad too.

Dave1776

yeah will be going to Montana later in the year so will stop in and check them out when passing through. They probably also have a site so can check that also.

Thanks!

hjon71

I haven't found a cheaper source for ammo than Freedom Munitions. Usually free shipping on your first order and they offer it a few times through the year. I've shot several hundreds of rounds(fmj&jhp) with zero issues.
http://www.freedommunitions.com

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Is there some secret rule that newbies get to attack the bedrock of this forum known as the old geezer clan?
Sheriff-Joe-Arpaio-ap-640x480.jpg

Last edited:

solus

what i find truly interesting is the OPs wanting to find cheep ammo yet they self report they do not have a firearm to shoot the ammo in...quote:...OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun.... unquote

almost two years ago, his wife was still the center of the discussion of firearms.

one would presume, in the scheme of things, chicken or the egg mentality, one would need a firearm before one seeks out ammo...i mean wouldn't one need to know the caliber to buy so one could even discern cheep?

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
what i find truly interesting is the OPs wanting to find cheep ammo yet they self report they do not have a firearm to shoot the ammo in...quote:...OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun.... unquote

almost two years ago, his wife was still the center of the discussion of firearms.

one would presume, in the scheme of things, chicken or the egg mentality, one would need a firearm before one seeks out ammo...i mean wouldn't one need to know the caliber to buy so one could even discern cheep?

ipse
So, what you are saying is the word cheep is relative...

OC for ME

Hi All

First when I say cheap ammo and gear I don't mean like dollar store type cheap I just mean good stuff but at a reasonable price!

OK my wife's close to letting me buy a handgun as she has been against the idea until recently. So that is good that she is changing her mind.

Now when I do get one I will no doubt want to be able to go to the range and learn to use and handle it as often as my budget will allow. A big part of this will no doubt be ammo.

Is there an inexpensive website or place I can purchase ammo (LEGALLY) and also gear that will hence let me go to the range more often without breaking the bank doing so! Right now am sort of leaning towards a 9M but not yet 100% sure.

Thanks
Dave
Please define "close."

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?120875-Spouse-disagrees

The interwebz is your friend. Google not so much, but it does return potentially many options.

solus

first tell us OP what gun are you going to buy...and is cheep a concept in that purchase also?

ipse