• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock G23C Question G19C

highbrow

I just obtained a Glock G23c could not pass on new item. I am curous however is there a way to convert it to a 9mm compensated? I am sorry I am new to guns and figure where better to ask then here.

thanks

JDriver1.8t

The 19C barrel will not just drop in and be good to go. The outer diameter of the barrels are different.

Lone Wolf sells a ported barrel that converts from .40 to 9mm, but the port slots will not line up with the slide if you get the standard length. You would need to buy the extended ported conversion barrel that places the ports out beyond the end of the slide.

If you wanted a 19C as well, you would need to buy a 19C slide assembly for your frame.

A new magazine will be needed as well.

Now, you can buy a 9mm conversion barrel that is non-ported easily and just have a standard 19. You will only need the barrel and magazines for that swap. It is highly recommended that you get at least 500 rounds through a conversion before considering carrying it that way.

I have a 23C as my every day gun, and I have 9mm and .357sig barrels for it.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The 19C barrel will not just drop in and be good to go. The outer diameter of the barrels are different.

Lone Wolf sells a ported barrel that converts from .40 to 9mm, but the port slots will not line up with the slide if you get the standard length. You would need to buy the extended ported conversion barrel that places the ports out beyond the end of the slide.

If you wanted a 19C as well, you would need to buy a 19C slide assembly for your frame.

A new magazine will be needed as well.

"The outer diameter of the barrels are different."

This was the part I was not sure of.