• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might be moving the SC and have some questions.

irish52084

I might be moving to SC from WA in the next year or so, not very likely, but I figure I should ask my questions now just in case. I would like to know the general laws on OC and CC in South Carolina. Can I OC without a license or permit? Is SC a shall issue state for a concealed carry?

Being from Washington, which is a shall issue withing 30 days state for concealed carry, I just wanted to know if I can expect roughly the same from South Carolina. Any help or links would be appreciated.

Hef

OC is not legal in South Carolina, and CC is allowed by permit only. Once you become a resident of SC, you must obtain a SC CWP if you wish to carry. No permit is required to keep a firearm, loaded or not, in your vehicle's glovebox, center console, or container with integral locking fasteners, nor to carry (OC or CC) at your fixed place of business (as long as you aren't licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption, Sec. 16-23-465), nor (OC or CC) at your residence.

sultan62

OC is not legal in South Carolina, and CC is allowed by permit only. Once you become a resident of SC, you must obtain a SC CWP if you wish to carry. No permit is required to keep a firearm, loaded or not, in your vehicle's glovebox, center console, or container with integral locking fasteners, nor to carry (OC or CC) at your fixed place of business (as long as you aren't licensed to sell alcohol for on-premise consumption, Sec. 16-23-465), nor (OC or CC) at your residence.

All of this is my understanding as well, though I'm from NC.