• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cards for Posted Busiensses - Looking for Honest and Balanced Feedback

BBlock

I want to have a few cards made up that I can carry for giving to businesses that post "no weapons" signs. Looking for feedback on my first attempt. I'm thick skinned, so don't hold back! Thanks in advance!

Draft #1 FRONT
cclbiz1 front.jpg

Draft #1 REAR
cclbiz1 rear.jpg

MKEgal

protias already has some no guns = no money cards, or can tell you where to get the ones he was giving away.

For your design, I don't think linking to the TSA is a good idea.
I'd simply point out that criminals ignore laws, so why would a sign [with a max. $1000 fine] bother them if they're intending to rob & murder,
and also point out that a store that does NOT post has immunity from liability (include the statute reference).

But hey, I and my friends will respect your wishes that we - lawfully-armed citizens who are the proven "good guys" - not spend money in your store.

3 simple messages that maybe even an anti-rights person can understand.

Last edited:

hermannr

I am a firm believer in the KISS principle...Keep it simple s.....

If you want to design a new "no guns-no money" type card, you need to make it one that can be read and understood in one glance

You might consider a visual on one side, like, the gun in a circle with a slash, and large bold "=" and then a large $ in a circle with a slash.

On the back side you could say something like: "If a law abiding citizen cannot carry for their own, and your, security here, then only criminals will"

That might even be too much....Keep it Simple

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
We have a pretty simple one in VA. It catches the attention and takes only about 5-10 seconds to read.

a6937522-48ee-14ab.jpg

ad494d13-4a54-2b6c.jpg

range rat

I want to have a few cards made up that I can carry for giving to businesses that post "no weapons" signs. Looking for feedback on my first attempt. I'm thick skinned, so don't hold back! Thanks in advance!

Draft #1 FRONT
View attachment 7943

Draft #1 REAR
View attachment 7944

I myself like the 2nd one. Time to upgrade, Would you mine if i print an use it ?

BBlock

I myself like the 2nd one. Time to upgrade, Would you mine if i print an use it ?

Feel free to use it. I was thinking my cards would be two sided, because a picture is worth 1000 words.

I appreciate all of the feedback. I will work on updating mine when I have some more free time. I think it makes sense to have many different versions out there, even though the messages are very similar. If a business owner received many copies of the same card they might think it is only one person responsible. If a business owner received multiple different cards with similar messages, they might start to take the potential impact on business a little more seriously.

Last edited: