• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have been called for Jury duty!!!

1245A Defender

Its Wednesday night, and I just checked to see if my number came up,,, IT DID!!!
the message said that I should leave my gun in the car or at home.
I dont think that I should be Unarmed from my car to the court house.
I know that the court house in Shelton has lock boxes, I will bring my own LOCK!

I thought about leaving the frame and mag in the car, then putting the empty barrel and slide through the machine,
but I cant say which way would have the better impact.

I will bring the whole gun to the court house and lock it up myself, unless a cop is there to help me.

Comments???

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just to get the ideas out there for as many readers as possible, and because it upsets some statist who manages to show up whenever I post about it:

An Essay on the Trial by Jury by Lysander Spooner 1852. Definitely read Section I. You will know more about the function of the jury in our system than 99% of the population. You will also see how the government has perverted jury policies in the last 160 years. Its a real eye-opener.
http://lysanderspooner.org/node/35

FIJA (Fully Informed Jury Assoc.) http://fija.org/ Our 5th Amendment video Professor, James Duane, is a member and you can read some of his stuff there. For example, this Juror's Handbook at FIJA was written by him: http://www.fija.org/docs/JG_Jurors_Handbook.pdf

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

What sort of impact were you hoping to make, and why?

Take your gun to court like it's an everyday thing. Leave it with the deputy, do your duty, then pick it up when you leave.

I could be the the guy with 27 cents a wallet and and comb.

Or I could be the guy with a GUN PART! or!!

I could be the guy that wants to CHECK IN!!! A GUN!!! or..

I want to carry as i always do. i want to carry to all lawfull places...

I dont want to make a stance,,,,, I DO want to stand up!!!

Freedom First

I could be the the guy with 27 cents a wallet and and comb.

Or I could be the guy with a GUN PART! or!!

I could be the guy that wants to CHECK IN!!! A GUN!!! or..

I want to carry as i always do. i want to carry to all lawfull places...

I dont want to make a stance,,,,, I DO want to stand up!!!

You go dude! And thanks for not whining about jury duty. It's important.

PALO

You go dude! And thanks for not whining about jury duty. It's important.

i agree about jury duty. i think it is a civic responsibility.

i was arguing with some (imo) moron who claimed that jury duty was forced conscription and the govt. had no right to force him into it.

this was a guy who repeatedly criticized the criminal justice system, and then when he has a chance to participate in it, presumably for the better, he makes excuses

i will likely never be called for jury duty :( but i would love to be able to do it

Jayd1981

I hope if I am ever unfortunate enough to be facing a jury, that people with common sense and that support our rights are willing to step up and do their civic duty instead of looking at it like forced government conscription.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Thank goodness for voir dire. Yes, it tends to keep legally armed citizens from being empaneled, contrariwise it keeps eager enforcers off too.

My first jury related experience was formative and informative. My jurisdiction empaneled juries from a weekly pool of a hundred. The judge spent a long time lecturing on legitimate reasons for excusal, including the definition of felon. He went through the excusal requests and granted a few. Then he had all felons and potential felons line up for his evaluation. Fully 80% of the pool lined up suspecting that they had been liable, at sometime in their lives, to felony incarceration.

sudden valley gunner

To echo some thoughts here, remember jury instructions are not law...you can judge the law too. The trick is not to let the court know you know your rights as a member of the jury.

1911er

Well done

I am proud to call you my freind Bob. I was called for jury duty 4 years ago when I was in intensive care at Harbor Veiw for 2 1/2 weeks. my wife called them and told them the Dr. wouldn't release me. Haven't been called back yet.

Difdi

i was arguing with some (imo) moron who claimed that jury duty was forced conscription and the govt. had no right to force him into it.

If he were to opt out of all obligations, he'd opt out of all benefits too. Hope he can get to work without driving on a road paid for by taxes. Hope he can find food without going onto other people's property, state lands or federal lands. Hope he can find the criminal who mugged him, since calling the police is right out.

Benefits of citizenship come with duties and obligations too. People who want all the perks while whining about enslavement being illegal disgust me.

I am proud to call you my freind Bob. I was called for jury duty 4 years ago when I was in intensive care at Harbor Veiw for 2 1/2 weeks. my wife called them and told them the Dr. wouldn't release me. Haven't been called back yet.

I suppose it's possible your wife might have hinted to them it was a mental hospital...that might explain the lack of call back. :p

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Just remember, no glove, no love.

Wait a minute....... that's not right.

Something about a glove....

If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.......

that's it!

jt59

Just remember, no glove, no love.

Wait a minute....... that's not right.

Something about a glove....

If the glove does not fit, you must acquit.......

that's it!

That's funny right there!

Jury duty is long held a citizen responsiblity....it is interesting to me however, that if you are called and do not show up it is a misdemeanor.

just sayin'

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Mason County Courthouse Weapons Sreening Program
Even though you possess a current Washington State Concealed Pistol License, your firearm is prohibited from the courthouse by law. You are strongly advised to leave your firearm at home or properly secured in your vehicle. If this is not possible, a limited number of gun lockers are available. Do not bring your firearm into the courthouse beyond the gun storage area.

It appears there should be no issue, if this is the court you are talking about.

Dave_pro2a

If he were to opt out of all obligations, he'd opt out of all benefits too. Hope he can get to work without driving on a road paid for by taxes. Hope he can find food without going onto other people's property, state lands or federal lands. Hope he can find the criminal who mugged him, since calling the police is right out.

Benefits of citizenship come with duties and obligations too. People who want all the perks while whining about enslavement being illegal disgust me.

I suppose it's possible your wife might have hinted to them it was a mental hospital...that might explain the lack of call back. :p

Call me crazy, but if I were on trial I'd really rather have all willing volunteer jurists -- not people coerced to participate under threat by the state.

sudden valley gunner

Call me crazy, but if I were on trial I'd really rather have all willing volunteer jurists -- not people coerced to participate under threat by the state.

Me too, then again most people who sign up or are willing to participate in jury duty are not people we want on our jury, I think this is why the prosecutor insisted on a jury trial for Josh's case even though he waived his right for one. Other wise you get these fools who believe they have to follow the "jury guidelines".

I'ts also why I have decided to change my stance from avoiding "judging others" (my old way of thinking) to participating in a system where I can legally and constitutionally judge the law itself.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Against whom would a coerced juror retaliate? It is unlikely that the state would be the defendant.