• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Almost time boys and girls

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A little more than a month

[video=vimeo;35251674]http://vimeo.com/35251674[/video]

Thundar

What is VCDL's Agenda? Do they deserve our support?

We know what VCDL is against.

We do not know what VCDL will promote this legislative session.

It is important that we know what they will support and what they will strongly support before we hitch a horse to their wagon.

I am not trying to start another divisive discussion, just trying to be informed and inform others about all of the VCDL Agenda.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We know what VCDL is against.

We do not know what VCDL will promote this legislative session.

It is important that we know what they will support and what they will strongly support before we hitch a horse to their wagon.

I am not trying to start another divisive discussion, just trying to be informed and inform others about all of the VCDL Agenda.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

I don't know what VCDL's agenda is Thundar....I doubt they have more than a rough outline....It doesn't matter though. Lobby day is for everyone, lots of groups and I'm encouraging hunters to come....not to join VCDL .....rather, to show ourselves as gun owners.

There's also Sunday Hunting.

I'll encourage them to join or not, depending on VCDL positions.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
VCDL has a very extensive "wish list" from Constitutional Carry down to the mundane correction of wording efforts.

The thing that we seem to forget is VCDL does not sponsor the bills. That takes a senator or delegate who agrees with the presentation/proposal, is convinced that it stands a reasonable chance of making it through committees, both houses, and (important this year) will be veto proof.

So when you wait n' see, don't be guilty of being a fair weather friend and only stand behind VCDL when they do precisely what you want and when you want it. A lot more goes into a bill making it out of the back room than simply being on our wish list. Wish it were that easy.

VaGunTrader

when our elected officials look outside and see an ocean of "guns save lives" stickers it just might get their attention.
lets all be there and be an orange ocean!!!

Attachments

• gsl.jpg
    gsl.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 113
  • jef.jpg
    jef.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 130

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I would gladly trade GRNC for VCDL.

At one time WW, VCDL was what GRNC is. Young organizations simply fight harder.

I often disagree with VCDL's positions,,,there have been years when I didn't like a single thing they did. But I'm still a member because they are really the only show in town and do push for good bills.

Contrary to popular opinion, Constitutional Carry is in their sights. There's no sense in wasting much time this year and I doubt for the next four years though.

Unity...numbers and activism are important now. That's coming hard but hopefully by lobby day, we can all put our differences aside.

One doesn't have to be a member to be active. The membership doesn't nearly equal the Alerts.

There needs to be a giant WE...on lobby day.

Last edited:

Marco

when our elected officials look outside and see an ocean of "guns save lives" stickers it just might get their attention.
lets all be there and be an orange ocean!!!

I agree with your statement but the "Quote" isn't quite accurate......
http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/RKBA/2ndQuotes.php

At one time WW, VCDL was what GRNC is. Young organizations simply fight harder.

I often disagree with VCDL's positions,,,there have been years when I didn't like a single thing they did. But I'm still a member because they are really the only show in town and do push for good bills.

Contrary to popular opinion, Constitutional Carry is in their sights. There's no sense in wasting much time this year and I doubt for the next four years though.

Unity...numbers and activism are important now. That's coming hard but hopefully by lobby day, we can all put our differences aside.

One doesn't have to be a member to be active. The membership doesn't nearly equal the Alerts.

There needs to be a giant WE...on lobby day.

1+

Last edited:

Thundar

I don't know what VCDL's agenda is Thundar....I doubt they have more than a rough outline....It doesn't matter though. Lobby day is for everyone, lots of groups and I'm encouraging hunters to come....not to join VCDL .....rather, to show ourselves as gun owners.

There's also Sunday Hunting.

I'll encourage them to join or not, depending on VCDL positions.

OK, that is fair. Come and support gun rights, not VCDL.

Thundar

Please reread my most previous post #4.

I did read your post Grapeshot, and I tried to leave it alone.

First, it is not unreasonable to know what one is lobbying for when asked to come to Lobby Day. My question was not meant to instigate any sort of bickering, but to understand what VCDL was going to advocate for this year.

Second, I responded to Peter, who started the thread, and tried to deliver a message broader than VCDL. It was, I thought, the right approach and I agreed to it.

Third, You speak of being a VCDL fair weather friend as if we owe some sort of loyalty to VCDL. Ha! I and others like me have not abandoned VCDL. VCDL has abandoned us with their blind support of Republicans, instead of the most pro gun individuals.

Fourth, VCDL may be the only show in town for YOU, but this is certainly not the case for everybody else.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

First, it is not unreasonable to know what one is lobbying for when asked to come to Lobby Day. My question was not meant to instigate any sort of bickering, but to understand what VCDL was going to advocate for this year.

Second, I responded to Peter, who started the thread, and tried to deliver a message broader than VCDL. It was, I thought, the right approach and I agreed to it.

Third, You speak of being a VCDL fair weather friend as if we owe some sort of loyalty to VCDL. Ha! I and others like me have not abandoned VCDL. VCDL has abandoned us with their blind support of Republicans, instead of the most pro gun individuals.

Fourth, VCDL may be the only show in town for YOU, but this is certainly not the case for everybody else.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

As I was saying earlier Thundar....lobby day is not a VCDL event. We and I mean gun owners, hunters, even dog hunters:mad:, target shooters, chippers....everyone except the nuts which have been showing up lately, need to put up a massive front.

It's no secret that Grapeshot and I are friends but regardless, I have the highest respect for him and his influence with VCDL. The same for Dennis and a few others.
Not so much for a few others.

Despite any differences, if we don't fight together now....we all lose. That doesn't mean agreeing on an agenda, just a mass showing with a common FU Terry theme.

You and I both know that the only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the Republicans throw better parties and drink more.

It won't take much crossing of party lines to ruin our day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Live Free or Die,
Thundar
Please do not leave it alone. Give considered weight to the 1st & 2nd paragraphs.

VCDL has a very extensive "wish list" from Constitutional Carry down to the mundane correction of wording efforts.

The thing that we seem to forget is VCDL does not sponsor the bills. That takes a senator or delegate who agrees with the presentation/proposal, is convinced that it stands a reasonable chance of making it through committees, both houses, and (important this year) will be veto proof.

Do not blame VCDL for the political climate of the GA. VCDL is already in the trenches and working diligently to accomplish whatever we can.

United we stand (numbers mean something)...........or we ain't worth spit.

mpguy

I really hope people come to lobby day as a whole. The gun community seems so divided lately. It's very important, we band together now more than ever.

george11c

Hm, I should go. It is my birthday that day so it would be a good way to spend a day. Is anybody from the Fredericksburg area going?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't miss this one !

Hm, I should go. It is my birthday that day so it would be a good way to spend a day. Is anybody from the Fredericksburg area going?
We will be descending in mass from all over the state.

Though there is work to be done, it is the biggest pro party of the year - put faces to the people on line here, interact with new people/make new friends, learn from the experiences of others, and eat hearty at a selection of great restaurants.

As the date gets closer, look for people that will be looking for ride sharing. Also several charter buses are usually arranged.

Repeater

We will be descending in mass from all over the state.

Grape, look at this:

HB 48 Possession of firearms following conviction of certain crimes; penalty.
Marcus B. Simon-Elect
Possession of firearms following conviction of certain crimes; penalty. Prohibits any person who is convicted of stalking, sexual battery, or assault and battery of a family member that results in serious bodily injury from possessing, transporting, or carrying a firearm or any other weapon for a period of five years following his conviction. A violation would constitute a Class 6 felony. The bill also provides for the forfeiture of any weapon possessed, transported, or carried in violation of the prohibition. Finally, the bill provides for a process by which a violator may petition the circuit court for a reinstatement of his rights to possess, transport, or carry a weapon.

Possession of firearms following conviction of certain crimes; penalty. Prohibits any person who is convicted of stalking, sexual battery, or assault and battery of a family member that results in serious bodily injury from possessing, transporting, or carrying a firearm or any other weapon for a period of five years following his conviction. A violation would constitute a Class 6 felony. The bill also provides for the forfeiture of any weapon possessed, transported, or carried in violation of the prohibition. Finally, the bill provides for a process by which a violator may petition the circuit court for a reinstatement of his rights to possess, transport, or carry a weapon.

A Gun-Grabbing bill by a Progressive newbie -- evidently this is what gun-rights activists (of all persuasions) are going to have to deal with.

As Peter said, it's gonna be a L O N G Session.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape, look at this:

HB 48 Possession of firearms following conviction of certain crimes; penalty.
Marcus B. Simon-Elect

Possession of firearms following conviction of certain crimes; penalty. Prohibits any person who is convicted of stalking, sexual battery, or assault and battery of a family member that results in serious bodily injury from possessing, transporting, or carrying a firearm or any other weapon for a period of five years following his conviction. A violation would constitute a Class 6 felony. The bill also provides for the forfeiture of any weapon possessed, transported, or carried in violation of the prohibition. Finally, the bill provides for a process by which a violator may petition the circuit court for a reinstatement of his rights to possess, transport, or carry a weapon

A Gun-Grabbing bill by a Progressive newbie -- evidently this is what gun-rights activists (of all persuasions) are going to have to deal with.

As Peter said, it's gonna be a L O N G Session.

For Class 6 felonies, the jury or court already may choose imprisonment for one to five years or jail for up to 12 months and a fine of up to $2,500, either or both.

As a convicted felon, the actor could not own/possess guns already, so why this proposed legislation? Simple - it adds to the punishment AND takes the guns out of the possible hands of friends or family and with no opportunity to sell them........just forfeit them.

Sure one could petition the court for reinstatement (we already have that), but how likely when he/she is a convicted felon?

This bill is plain and simple a GUN GRAB.

V.. e.. r.. y .....L .. o .. n .. g .....S.. e.. s .. s.. i.. o.. n

Am going to have to learn to play the banjo :lol:

Last edited:

Repeater

This bill is plain and simple a GUN GRAB.

Yes; that will be their theme for next year. See where Simon-Elect stands on the issue that concerns US:

Gun Violence Prevention
keyissue-gunviolence.jpg

I have long been a proponent of common sense restrictions on the purchase and sale of firearms in the Commonwealth. One of the first big victories I remember from my days as Jim Scott's legislative assistant was the passage of Virginia's one handgun a month bill in 1993. Twenty years later how does the Virginia General Assembly respond to tragedies like those we witnessed in Newton Connecticut and on the Campus of Virginia Tech? By repealing the one gun a month restriction in 2013. There was no reason to repeal this common sense legislation in Virginia that had been in place for nearly two decades, except for the NRA and their allies to flex their political muscle in Richmond.

As your representative in the House of Delegates I will be a strong advocate for common sense measures like universal background checks for all gun purchases, even those of so-called private sellers at gun shows. I support limiting the size of magazines, empowering localities to make their libraries and teen centers gun-free zones, and reintroducing one handgun a month legislation.

Simon Says: "Gimme your guns or else!"

Lyndsy Simon

I'm planning on taking the day off work and being there bright and early. If there's anything I can do, let me know.

My plan right now is to seek out my reps and present them with my list of demands... once that's done, I'll find PVC or whomever is nearby and submit myself to their orders for the remainder of the day.