• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Forum/VA and have questions and concerns

sommers.usaf

welcome to VA, one of the freer states in the union. hopefully the new governor won't screw it up to bad.

you know AL is a open carry state too.

have you had a chance to check out VCDL.org. one of the better gun rights organizations in the country

BTW, a CCW is a concealed carry weapon, not a CHP concealed handgun permit

Correction: I was issued a Concealed Pistol Permit in AL. I have visited VCDL and am getting paid tomorrow, I intend on signing up ASAP!

sommers.usaf

I'm a little jealous... I bought mine before the INOX came out and that is certainly a good looking gun. I want one, but can't justify the expense since I already have one. :D

The Storms have to unfortunately wait a little while. I recently found out that my wife and I are expecting a child come this fall!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Storms have to unfortunately wait a little while. I recently found out that my wife and I are expecting a child come this fall!
Hoo-rha! Time to start setting aside funds for a Crickett :)

$1.00/week will net the price + case and accessories by the time he/she is old enough to handle it - get a special piggy bank.

sommers.usaf

Hoo-rha! Time to start setting aside funds for a Crickett :)

$1.00/week will net the price + case and accessories by the time he/she is old enough to handle it - get a special piggy bank.

It's all in the plan! I have a couple .22s that my grandfathers have given me and then a small step up I purchased, .22 Mag so this child will be introduced to firearms ASAP. I think I started at about 8 or 9ish. May wanna get a earlier start with my little one

Tess

Founder's Club Member
As of right now, the only holster I have is a thigh holster for my Beretta 92. I do however also have a 1911 but not so much any holster for it. Any suggestions on carry position/holster brand?

I carry my Beretta 92 in this; I love the holster so much I have one (or more) for every handgun I own. There's a gun named Engin Ordoglu (sp?) who sells them at the Richmond and Fredericksburg gun shows.

Welcome to OCDO, and Virginia, from an AF retiree

solus

the welcomes have been done but i'll do a leap of faith and thank you for your service to our country...

oh and congrats on being a parent...

ipse

sommers.usaf

I carry my Beretta 92 in this; I love the holster so much I have one (or more) for every handgun I own. There's a gun named Engin Ordoglu (sp?) who sells them at the Richmond and Fredericksburg gun shows.

Welcome to OCDO, and Virginia, from an AF retiree

I should probably end up getting one for the ole 1911 ;)

AFCop

You don't happen to be a cop? Stationed at Langely? Just wondering with the Beretta 92, drop holster, etc - everything there just kinda points that way.

I happen to be both a cop and stationed at Langely...

I also live in the northern part of Newport News, if you interested in a range, I recommed "The Marksman." It is in Newport News (Close to Ft Eustis) but I am not familiar with any public ranges in Williamsburg...

I would like to throw Glocks out as a nice alternative to Beretta/XD/etc... Main reason, you can score one for less then $500 with the LEO/Mil discount (Superior Pawn and Gun in Hampton) Glock offers (Yes I know there are others but I am a plastic gun toting Glock fan - saving up for a 1911). Could even meet up and let you try 3 different frames out (G27, 22 and 19)...

Hope to see you out and about and please try to make a few OC gatherings/food event and meet up with some of these fine folks. Richmond holds them far more regularly then we do here in Hampton Roads (and even rarer on the Peninsula) and a lot of the very active/knoweldgeable posters are there... Virginia Beach has them quasi regular and they are discussed here and on FB (Hampton Roads Open Carry). I need to hit another up again in the near future, its been a couple months.

Justine

Hope to see you out and about and please try to make a few OC gatherings/food event and meet up with some of these fine folks. Richmond holds them far more regularly then we do here in Hampton Roads (and even rarer on the Peninsula) and a lot of the very active/knoweldgeable posters are there... Virginia Beach has them quasi regular and they are discussed here and on FB (Hampton Roads Open Carry). I need to hit another up again in the near future, its been a couple months.

Having one on April 5th in Chesapeake if you guys can make it.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?120708-Chesapeake-OC-Dinner-Sat-April-5-6pm

sommers.usaf

You don't happen to be a cop? Stationed at Langely? Just wondering with the Beretta 92, drop holster, etc - everything there just kinda points that way.

No, I work at the 83d NOS as of now. Have to wait another year or so before I can cross train to EOD

As for the meetings, I believe I saw they are doing a breakfast in Richmond tomorrow that I'm hoping to attend. The dinners are a little harder to make due to my work schedule (2:30-10:30)

user

Accomplished Advocate
welcome to VA, one of the freer states in the union....

And the last bastion of civilization on Earth, though we are under serious, concerted, and strenuous attack by elements from the Evil Empire, which now occupies Maryland, Massachusetts, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, California, Hawaii, and Eastern Pennsylvania.

My considered advice is, it's best to wear clothing when carrying.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
And the last bastion of civilization on Earth, though we are under serious, concerted, and strenuous attack by elements from the Evil Empire, which now occupies Maryland, Massachusetts, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, California, Hawaii, and Eastern Pennsylvania.

Good advice .... and don't forget to include Connecticut on that list!

thedevilrobyjohn

black on black

black on black almost un noticed? Isnt part of this to be seen? My Entire pont is to be armed no matter what. I carry ankle, neck lantard, wallet, inside pocket, pocket clip, iwb, owb, cross, shoulder, thigh, western, single piint, double point, mexican, double single triple...whatever. But I practice retrieving my weapon from whatever means im using. Sometimes Its invisible, I am after all the devil. Many times my visible weapon isnt even my main weapon. Just my cent and a half.

All American Nightmare

Do they have to be long pants or short pants?:D