• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL picnic

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
People wanted a special place for events where they could find them w/o searching the threads and that would not contirbute to loading the state sub-forum with stickies. John, after hearing from so many, gave them what they wanted. Now we have people saying they don't check it.

Can old dogs learn new tricks? IMHO just as well as young pups. Personally, I check the Events folder daily.

6L6GC

The sub forum

People wanted a special place for events where they could find them w/o searching the threads and that would not contirbute to loading the state sub-forum with stickies. John, after hearing from so many, gave them what they wanted. Now we have people saying they don't check it.

Can old dogs learn new tricks? IMHO just as well as young pups. Personally, I check the Events folder daily.

I think the sub forum is a good thing, I just have to admit my laziness in not checking it often. I could actually miss something in which I'd be interested, but, that would be my fault for not checking. Sub forums are like seat belts: they don't work if ya don't click em.........

roN