• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cabela's coming to Dayton Ohio area (Circleville)

Midwest

Cabela's coming to Dayton Ohio area (Centerville)

Cabela's coming to Dayton Ohio area (Centerville). No date has been set.

http://wdtn.com/2015/01/05/cabelas-want-to-open-store-in-centerville/

"CENTERVILLE, Ohio (WDTN) – Cabela’s has its eye on opening shop at the Cornerstone of Centerville development. The outdoor apparel and equipment store filed a petition to open a 72,000 square foot retail store there. The City of Centerville must still sign off on the petition."

Last edited:

Brian D.

Just six months ago you posted the same sort of announcement from Cabela's about their plans to open a new store in West Chester, Ohio, which is at the north end of the Cincinnati metro area. And now they are looking hard at Centerville, south of Dayton? That would put two store locations about 20-25 miles apart. Did the plans for West Chester fall through?

By the way that has happened with Cabela's several times through the years. They look at LOTS of potential new sites, make a sort of preliminary press release, and then the plans are abandoned without further explanation. For example about ten years back they had northern Kentucky realtors in a tizzy when they were looking at that 65 acre former farm land near the south end of Mall Road in Florence.

As you probably know that never came to pass, and only recently did that lot finally sell.

Midwest

Just six months ago you posted the same sort of announcement from Cabela's about their plans to open a new store in West Chester, Ohio, which is at the north end of the Cincinnati metro area. And now they are looking hard at Centerville, south of Dayton? That would put two store locations about 20-25 miles apart. Did the plans for West Chester fall through?

By the way that has happened with Cabela's several times through the years. They look at LOTS of potential new sites, make a sort of preliminary press release, and then the plans are abandoned without further explanation. For example about ten years back they had northern Kentucky realtors in a tizzy when they were looking at that 65 acre former farm land near the south end of Mall Road in Florence.

As you probably know that never came to pass, and only recently did that lot finally sell.

I don't know if the plans for West Chester fell through. I think there are still plans for the West Chester store, someone on another forum said that they already broke ground there.

I think that South End of Mall Road is where Menards is going to. Point Blank gun store and range is supposed to open on 7551 Mall Road in a few months. http://shootpointblank.com/florence/ And awhile ago a Field and Stream store opened up in Crescent Springs.

We need a Cabela's here in Northern Kentucky. Louisville is 90 to 100 miles away and KY residents can't buy handguns in West Chester Ohio (if that ever opens up). Florence would be a great location, but If they wanted to spread things out a little between Louisville and West Chester. Maybe Cabelas could put a store in Williamstown or Dry Ridge.

Last edited:

Brian D.

I think you have a good idea about Williamstown/Dry Ridge. Although Grant County's legal system (courts) have some issues, their planning/zoning folks seem to be doing well at attracting new retail and industry around the county. They have widened and improved truck access between the towns and industrial parks. Plus there is already rail service in place. I suspect when (if) the economy ever gets into 'prosperity' mode again, Grant County will be ready.