• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

Superlite27

Funds sent from Missouri via snail mail.

Just a note to Skidmark:

I know full well what it is like to be in a bad situation and receive assistance from others. Being extremely independant, myself, I have a hard time coming to terms with people just "giving" me stuff. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say "think nothing of it". I don't know you personally, but have interracted with you in various threads and discussions with you here on OCDO. I don't look at my donation as a "gift" or as "charity" or any such thing. What I feel when I send funds for your defense isn't really a desire to give you anything. I view it as something that I can participate in that feels right.

Any action that anyone takes for any reason has to be justified in the actor's mind. Other's have thier reasons for donating, I have mine. Some do not wish anyone to know their reasons, whether it is from shyness, recalcitrance, guilt, or something else. Some want to make sure everyone knows their reasons, whether to play the hero, be the star, show off, or many others. I don't mind relating my reason for donating. It's probably the same reason many here choose to send funds.

"There, but for the grace of God, go I."

So. Do not feel indebted, ashamed, or anything else for receiving money from me. Your simple appreciation is far and away more valuable a repayment than neccessary. The reason I am donating is sort of a delusional mixture of self-interest and guilt.

It just as easily could have been myself who could be facing trumped up charges. I often sit in front of my computer posting on various forums and discussing various ideas to help promote firearm rights. Yes, I OC almost everywhere I go and do my best to forward a pro-firearm agenda. Yes, I'm a certified NRA instructor. These things are great to consider as "activism", but I always scoff at my own inactivity when it comes to really getting involved. I never feel like I'm doing enough.

But donating to your defense gives me the feeling of DOING SOMETHING! I get to take an active part in FIGHTING INJUSTICE! Rather than type, I get the wonderful "warm fuzziness" that I'm doing more than just paying lip service to a cause. I'm actively participating! And it feels good to know that I'm right. I am doing something!

Because it could just as easily be me going to court on Jan 4th.

So don't feel indebted for receiving donations to your defense. The people doing so aren't just doing it solely for your benefit, but for their own reasons as well. The only thing I ask is that you use it to fight the wrong done to you (and, by proxy, all OC'ers) as hard as you possibly can.

Take care and best of luck to both you, and User.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up." - Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." - Thomas Paine

“And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.” - Thomas Jefferson

Stand up and be counted NOW, or be forced to lay in the dirt under the boot of tyranny forever. - Hawkflyer

Good luck Skid, count on the money.

Regards

Thundar

We all want to do something, but what we do has to be effective.

I am going to think about the demonstration idea, but one thing to keep in mind is that this all started with VDOT's contractors. VDOT is responsible for managing that ferry, and the sheriff's office only showed up because VDOT's contractor called them. One deputy decided to help the contractor retaliate against Skidmark for "gettin' uppity", and that was unprofessional conduct. But VDOT is really in charge of that operation.

I think we should all use the ferry on 4 Jan to get to the hearing. We should all be armed and in different vehicles. We should all have OCDO posters to emphasize our displeasure with VDOT, their contractors and the Sherriff's Department. Clog the ferry with gun owners and let them think about it.

Marco

Sir, I know he would do as much for me if I needed the assistance, IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO.

Have one item sold, $$ will go out this week.

Also posted it on 10mmtalk.com but it's not being received well there, didn't think it would but won't go into why.

Last edited:

2a4all

I think we should all use the ferry on 4 Jan to get to the hearing. We should all be armed and in different vehicles. We should all have OCDO posters to emphasize our displeasure with VDOT, their contractors and the Sherriff's Department. Clog the ferry with gun owners and let them think about it.
The Surry County Courthouse isn't very big.:cry:

Repeater

Just how professional are Securiguard security officers?

This all started with VDOT's contractors. VDOT is responsible for managing that ferry, and the sheriff's office only showed up because VDOT's contractor called them. One deputy decided to help the contractor retaliate against Skidmark for "gettin' uppity", and that was unprofessional conduct. But VDOT is really in charge of that operation.

From VDOT:

Lauren Hansen 757-925-2583
lauren.hanson@VDOT.virginia.gov
Lauren Hansen 757-925-2583

Sept. 8, 2005

[size=+1]VDOT STEPS UP SECURITY AT THE JAMESTOWN-SCOTLAND FERRY[/size]

New Security Firm to Conduct Screenings Starting September 12th, 2005

Motorists approaching the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry on Monday should rest assured the armed security officers positioned at the beginning of each ramp are not there to delay or inconvenience drivers, but to keep them safe. Starting September 12, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will improve security at the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry by providing enhanced screening with new security officers. These officers are employed by Securiguard Inc., and will screen vehicles and baggage prior to boarding the ferry vessels.

The new security officers will be better equipped to respond to security threats at the only state-run ferry in Virginia. Having these officers conduct more thorough security screenings at the ferry will improve safety for our passengers, crew, and vessels, says Bill Mathus, facility manager at the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry. Public safety is our number one priority. These security officers are well trained and have the authority to immediately respond to security threats.

VDOT awarded the three-year $1.3 million annual security contract to Securiguard Inc., in late August. The firm replaces Security Forces Inc., who has been conducting security screening since July 2004, when new security measures were introduced at the ferry under the Federal Maritime Transportation Security Act.

On Monday, motorists can expect to see a minimum of two security officers posted on each side of the James River to screen those traveling the ferry. The officers will continue to randomly screen vehicles. Selected vehicles may notice increased screening measures to include checking vehicle trunks, undercarriages, engine compartments and enclosed containers. Security officers may also check the cargo areas of cars, trucks, campers and trailers.

VDOT will work to coordinate screening with ferry departures to minimize the delay to screened vehicles. Motorists should prepare for an increase in the amount of time it takes to board the ferry once the enhanced screenings are in place; however, the ferries will continue to depart on-time, according to schedule.

45acpForMe

I wouldn't want to give them my money. I would rather picket them.

If I had the gumption I would abandon my car on the ferry to block traffic but prefer to pursue civil discourse before any other demonstration.

chewy352

"The new security officers will be better equipped to respond to security threats at the only state-run ferry in Virginia."

As a security guard my self I can tell you this is an outright lie. Contract security companys give the lowest level of training possible to save money. Any additional training is usually optional for the guard to get on their own time and dime.

swinokur

Activist Member
Donation being sent via Paypal. Even though I reside in Maryland, this could easily have been any one of us, regardless of state of residence.

If any kind of demonstration or attendence in court is required to support Skid , I will drive down. (OC'ing oc course.)

Posted on Maryland Shooters forum as well. More money coming from the troops in Marylanistan.

Hang in there Skid, we're with ya! They didn't just harass you, they harassed ALL of us.

As Admiral Yamamoto said "You could never invade the United States, there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

As true today as 67 years ago.

This Tyranny will NOT stand.

Last edited:

InkdNPrcdAngl

Count us in! As soon as the monies are in the bank tuesday night/wed morning, a donation will be sent via PP.

Skid, you have many people who respect and care for you...Im included. I'm proud to say I know you. I will also try to be there for you on the 4th. For now, stay safe, and take care of yourself. We're behind you 100%.