• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS For President

Redbaron007

Your perspective is foolish. That's a statement of fact, not name-calling.

Because spineless cowards like you don't care about the Constitution, logic, or morality, only "winning." And yes, if you don't think in those terms, you are wrong.

Again, the president does not have to "sell" withdrawing the troops or stopping unconstitutional executive branch actions; he simply issues an order. Your failure to understand basic civics is disappointing, but not surprising.

Ron Paul doesn't play politics, which is why he can't win over people like you. But hey, just go listen to some more Hannity and Limbaugh; they'll make it all better.

Considering that your experience is limited to mainstream, RINO politics, I'm not surprised at your lack of awareness. And you can kiss my ass; again, it's not name-calling if it's the God's-honest truth.

You, and those who think(?) like you, have given the country away, while I and others fight to preserve it. No, it is most certainly not your country. The campaign is effectively over thanks to numbskulls like you.

So, you admit that you are a spineless floozie, with no deeply-held principles, who will vote for any Republican, no matter what? Exactly as I suspected.

You're killing me!! :lol:

Thanks again for the confirmation!! :banana:

DangerClose

How many times has he ran for president? Isn't this the 3rd/4th time? He has tried as a libertarian, now as a Repub. Bottom line.....his comments don't resonate on a national scale. Why, who knows.

You'd think small government, the Constitution, lower taxes, less spending, less gun control, etc, would resonate with more Americans, especially those who claim they are "conservative," but guess not.

Btw, Paul ran as a Libertarian that time because the Republicans that claimed they were for small government only made the government bigger and spent a lot of money. Fake conservatives being hypocrites. Sounds familiar.

I'd like to fix 'our' country, it's not 'your' country, too. To teach us a hard lesson, you would have an even more leftist run the country, just so 'you' can have 'your' way? See the consistant trend.....'your way'; again demonstrates the lack of effective campaigning.

You are wanting to fix "our" country "your" way.

What's better for the country, four more years of Obama, or eight more years of Romney? Tough call since both options suck. Maybe the better option is to vote for a third party so they will have a better chance in the future.

Actually, my friend is very involved in politics and has very good working knowledge.

Doesn't sound like it.

PistolPackingMomma

Uhh..Romney is closer to RP than Obama is.

picard-facepalm.jpg

09jisaac

Yea, the "logic" of some people. RP isn't the savior people are saying he is, but he is head and shoulders over the other options. If you don't want Obama-like policies, don't vote in Obama-like policy makers. That is simple logic. If you keep doing the EXACT same thing, you will continue to get the EXACT same outcome.

j4l

Yea, the "logic" of some people. RP isn't the savior people are saying he is, but he is head and shoulders over the other options. If you don't want Obama-like policies, don't vote in Obama-like policy makers. That is simple logic. If you keep doing the EXACT same thing, you will continue to get the EXACT same outcome.

One Epic flaw to that line of logic, though. The Congress. You not only need a President with a willingness to buck the trend, so to speak, but you also need a majority in Congress willing to go along with that line of policy. Otherwise, bills you need signed into law to effect any changes are NOT going to happen.
Think of this possibility: What IF RP had somehow gotten elected to Pres? How effective would he be, do you think, if we had a congress such as is currently sitting-or even worse, the Pelosi-types of the previous congress?

We hear a lot of the left blame Reagan (20+ yrs later,facepalm) for a lot of crap. But those old enough to remember-with honesty- may well recall how ham-strung the guy was during most of his Presidency. He had the big seat- but the Congress was utterly dominated by his opponents, and were almost constantly working AGAINST him, at every turn. I think an RP type would face much the same problem, today.

Before rushing an RP type into the BIG SEAT, folks need to think at the State level, 1st. Get some RP-style majority seats in the Congress-and THEN, worry about getting someone in the Big Seat.

09jisaac

One Epic flaw to that line of logic, though.

Can you point out the flaw for me? I still do not see it. I will say again, if you do not like Obama-like policies, do not vote in Obama-like policy makers. The president is not the only policy maker, as congress makes a majority of (or have a strong influence over) policies at the federal level.

ManInBlack

One Epic flaw to that line of logic, though. The Congress. You not only need a President with a willingness to buck the trend, so to speak, but you also need a majority in Congress willing to go along with that line of policy. Otherwise, bills you need signed into law to effect any changes are NOT going to happen.
Think of this possibility: What IF RP had somehow gotten elected to Pres? How effective would he be, do you think, if we had a congress such as is currently sitting-or even worse, the Pelosi-types of the previous congress?

As I pointed out earlier, the president can do a lot of positive things [constitutionally, not via executive orders] without Congress.

sudden valley gunner

And you can continue to blame others for your candidates failure. He isn't electable on a national scale.

Too funny. Can you see the irony/hypocrisy in that statement?

Go ahead vote for the guy that will drive the bus 60 miles off the cliff instead of the guy that drives it 70 miles off the cliff. I will vote my conscience only for those who wants to put on the brakes and let us all go individually where we want. Otherwise I won't vote, they won't get my illusion of consent.

scott58dh

Too funny. Can you see the irony/hypocrisy in that statement?

Go ahead vote for the guy that will drive the bus 60 miles off the cliff instead of the guy that drives it 70 miles off the cliff. I will vote my conscience only for those who wants to put on the brakes and let us all go individually where we want. Otherwise I won't vote, they won't get my illusion of consent.

If you choose Not to Vote, then you give up the credibility to voice any future opinion concerning our Gov't.
Just drink the Kool-Aid and then you still at least a voice in the matter, anything other than exercising Your Right's in a *free* society is a Mute Point.

Peace & RKBA Forever ! :cool:

PistolPackingMomma

If you choose Not to Vote, then you give up the credibility to voice any future opinion concerning our Gov't.
Just drink the Kool-Aid and then you still at least a voice in the matter, anything other than exercising Your Right's in a *free* society is a Mute Point.

Lol, like you're the first to sing that lame old song. :rolleyes:

sudden valley gunner

Lol, like you're the first to sing that lame old song. :rolleyes:

LOL....because of years of propaganda and rampant nationalism over individualism some just don't get it. Hopefully they will in time.

Nah, I view it differently, my right to bitch about the system and my other fundamental rights are not dependent upon partaking in the system, it's very simple. OF course the system wants you to believe it is so that it can rule by the illusion of your consent.

If it boils down to Romney or Obama, and I cast my vote because I have to, then whoever wins even if it wasn't the 'lesser of two evils' I have given my consent by casting my vote and partaking in that system. And then I have less of a right to bitch or complain about the results than those who voted for who they believe was the 'lesser of two evils'. I am willing now to write in Donald Duck then pick anyone.

What if nobody voted? I have no doubt we'd all be better off.

scott58dh

LOL....because of years of propaganda and rampant nationalism over individualism some just don't get it. Hopefully they will in time.

Nah, I view it differently, my right to bitch about the system and my other fundamental rights are not dependent upon partaking in the system, it's very simple. OF course the system wants you to believe it is so that it can rule by the illusion of your consent.

If it boils down to Romney or Obama, and I cast my vote because I have to, then whoever wins even if it wasn't the 'lesser of two evils' I have given my consent by casting my vote and partaking in that system. And then I have less of a right to bitch or complain about the results than those who voted for who they believe was the 'lesser of two evils'. I am willing now to write in Donald Duck then pick anyone.

What if nobody voted? I have no doubt we'd all be better off.

That's Cool, :cool:,,, just thot i'd give my .02 worth.
I'm just thankful we live in the good ole' USofA so when we want to rant, go for it, and don't have to face a firing squad !
No harm , No foul.

Peace & RKBA 4ever !!! :cool:

scott58dh

Everybody, except Jews.

Give it up ,really,,:mad:, what about Japs, Injuns, Ancestors of the Black slave trade, Mics, Wops, Chinks, Gooks, the list goes on,,,,

You get the point Yet !?!?! Get over it and stop the Hate.

I go to the utmost extreme in This case to make a point that ALL past immigrants to this country had to face their Prejudices.

I in no means have intended to offend anyone, being of Scottish/Irish decent, I TOO can claim abuse by Bigots, but what good does it do, really, except stir up hate and ill feelings toward our (all to often, at times) mistreated & mistaken past which WE Today have NO control over.

This is America, "The Great Melting Pot" of the world, where we AS Americans enjoy many Freedoms that others can only dream about.

So, please get a life 09jisaac because it's too short to keep your panties in a bunch all of the time.

Peace & RKBA 4EVER ! :cool:

09jisaac

Give it up ,really,,:mad:, what about Japs, Injuns, Ancestors of the Black slave trade, Mics, Wops, Chinks, Gooks, the list goes on,,,,

You get the point Yet !?!?! Get over it and stop the Hate.

I go to the utmost extreme in This case to make a point that ALL past immigrants to this country had to face their Prejudices.

I in no means have intended to offend anyone, being of Scottish/Irish decent, I TOO can claim abuse by Bigots, but what good does it do, really, except stir up hate and ill feelings toward our (all to often, at times) mistreated & mistaken past which WE Today have NO control over.

This is America, "The Great Melting Pot" of the world, where we AS Americans enjoy many Freedoms that others can only dream about.

So, please get a life 09jisaac because it's too short to keep your panties in a bunch all of the time.

Peace & RKBA 4EVER ! :cool:

I don't think you understand my attempt at humor. I first say "Everybody", which includes everyone, then I exclude a group. This is done to point out the logic of some people. Like states that implies everyone has the right to self defense, except the poor (with expensive/time consuming "may issue" permit system to even carry).

Also, are you aware of the origin of the name "Isaac"? My family was, at one time, German Jews.