• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Concealed Carry on Campus

Dreamer

Today while at school (at ECU in North Carolina) I received this alert on my phone, and via email:
At 1105 hours this morning ECU Police were notified of two subjects fleeing from a vehicle near Elm and 10th Streets. One of the subjects was reported as being armed with a firearm. The subjects were apprehended by ECU Police Officers near that location without incident at approximately 1112 hours. There is no threat to the University Community at this time. Had there been a continuing threat further information and communication would have been given.
Not on my side of campus, but it was certainly walking distance from the building I was in at the time--about 1/4 mile away.

We've got at least 4 people in my building alone with CC permits (Art Students with Arms--there's a t-shirt in that somewhere...), and I know another 2 in the Engineering dept, and those are just the ones I know personally. There's got to be a few DOZEN people with permits on this campus at any given time--but we all have to just cower under our desks, throw books at the gunmen, and pray from the fetal position that they won't shoot us, because NC state law, and university policy prohibit ANY sort of weapons on campus, even for self defense by people with training and permits...

Thanks for the TXT, ECU-PD. And thanks for making HUGE "victim disarmament zones" all over our fine state, by making the colleges, universities, and ALL other schools "gun free zones", Governor Perdue, and the US Congress.

Yeah, I feel SOOO much safer, knowing that the only people on campus with firearms are local hood-rat fleeing felons and a campus police force that is, for the most part, only slightly above functionally illiterate...

All day long, I was thinking, "what would have happened if these two violent felonious thugs had made it onto campus? What if they got into my building? What if they came barging into my classroom, or my computer lab?"

A lot of good my permit would be then, and a lot of good my Glock and Para are, locked in a safe at home...

Judging from the numbers on the above-mentioned poll, it looks like about 91% of America thinks the "GFSZ" laws are a BAD idea.

It's a pretty safe bet that the remaining 9% that think it's a good idea are all criminals, thugs, and JBTs. Is THAT the demographic we should be allowing to decide policy in this country?

How IS that "gun free school zone" thing working out for ya, America?

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Judging from the numbers on the above-mentioned poll, it looks like about 91% of America thinks the "GFSZ" laws are a BAD idea.

It's a pretty safe bet that the remaining 9% that think it's a good idea are all criminals, thugs, and JBTs. Is THAT the demographic we should be allowing to decide policy in this country?

How IS that "gun free school zone" thing working out for ya, America?

Yeah, because thugs so frequently get involved with online polls:lol:

I think a safer bet would be that the %9 voting against are vapid liberals. Criminals don't give a $h!t about laws either way.