• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olive Garden Now Officially "Friendly" ?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A newly received letter from Olive Garden posted on another state forum reads:

"Dear Tim:

Thank you for your inquiry concerning Olive Garden's position on firearms. We respect and appreciate your perspective and motivation to contact us.

Olive Garden’s focus is to provide all of our guests with a genuine Italian dining experience. The general policy regarding firearms in our restaurants is to follow the state law. In fact, when state law provides an "opt out" clause, Olive Garden elects to comply with the law as it is written. We do not opt out. If you have any questions about specific states, you may reply to this email or speak with the general manager of your local Olive Garden restaurant.

Mark
Olive Garden Guest Relations"

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88590-Olive-Garden-is-Pro-OC!!

Lincoln7

Thank you for posting this. It is so refreshing to hear large companies taking this view on 2A rights. The letter you received has so much logic it almost boggles the mind!

Badger Johnson

Any chance of you (and others) scanning and posting pdfs of these kinds of letters, presumably on company letterhead?

Nice job, getting that statement.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
My wife worked for Darden Industries (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, ....) for about 10 years and she was never aware of any ban on the carrying of firearms other than for employees in Darden restaurants. I was a bit surprised to see what VCDL had up about Red Lobster when I moved to Virginia, but I've never had any issue carrying in either Red Lobster or Olive Garden.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Any chance of you (and others) scanning and posting pdfs of these kinds of letters, presumably on company letterhead?

Nice job, getting that statement.

Please take note that the title of this thread contains a ?, question mark.

The original posting on this was in the California forum - see link in OP - and was an extraction of the body of an email. As emails lack letterhead and other confirming details, I have requested the contact information be PMd to me - purpose is to get hardcopy on letterhead from Olive Garden and ultimately from their parent company, Darden Industries.

Yes, Olive Garden and Darden Industries, had been found to be unfriendly in the past; however, many of us have tested that over the past few years and not had any problems. I personally have been to both Olive Garden and Red Lobster locally on several occasions without management blinking an eye.

IMO one contact from Va. initially would be received in better spirit than a desk full of correspondence all to be handled, read, replied & filed - no need to frustrate them. So bear with me and I will post updates. After the fact, everyone can send no-reply-necessary emails saying "thank you." Hope this works for you.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I too have OC'd at a number of Olive Gardens on the peninsula, and have never had a problem, though I had heard they were anti, and expected to be tagged at some point. This is refreshing news, and I hope it is part of a trend!

DJEEPER

i went there tonight, actually. OC'ed as i always do, and never had any issues.

:shrug:

Went to AMC24 as well with no issues. No signs posted on the doors :shrug:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I personally have been to both Olive Garden and Red Lobster locally on several occasions without management blinking an eye.

You know darned good and well they couldn't blink because they had their eyes screwed tight shut to avoid seeing the appalling way you mix plaid and leather.

:p:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You know darned good and well they couldn't blink because they had their eyes screwed tight shut to avoid seeing the appalling way you mix plaid and leather.

:p:)

He says while sitting there in his shorts and unlaced hushpuppies. :uhoh:

45acpForMe

Like Dutch Uncle, when I started OC-ing I had heard some negative experiences at Olive Garden and wondered when I would get asked to leave.

I have OC-ed at both OG on the peninsula many times and never had an issue. It is my daughters favorite restaurant. :)

6L6GC

never had a problem at Olive Garden

but then I rarely go there. The Red Lobster next to it used to be posted with the proverbial Bretta in the red circle. I carried there anyway since I had a Kimber. I wanted to see how long it would be before they'd toss me. they never did. Anyway, now the sign is gone and I've carried in the RL quite a few times since then. Only carried in the Olive Garden a couple times since we hardly ever go there. When we want Italian we go to Luigi's and they never blink an eye when I open carry and the food is much better.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Darden is the world's largest full-service restaurant company.
The Darden family of restaurants features some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining: Red Lobster, Olive Garden, LongHorn Steakhouse, The Capital Grille, Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Glad I saw this thread. I thought Red Lobster and the whole Darden Group was anti so I had been grumpy with the wife when she wanted to go there.

Plus she likes the salad dressing at Olive Garden.

Last edited: