• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys are a bunch of ______

4angrybadgers

I read the title before the username and was all ready to unleash a torrent of fury upon a troll... then I read your post. :lol:

I lurk on OCDO and check the LA/MS forums every day or two, but between work (nearing the end of the government FY and contract renewal time) and home life (10-month-old daughter and my wife is nauseated from baby #2 on the way) I don't get to do much reading or posting.

As for OCing... I must admit I only OC at home and around my yard. While I may very well never get into any trouble doing it around town, I just don't have the time for any hassle such as MWAG calls, etc.

Last edited:

thearmysredneck

Well I haven't had any relevant stories. I OC every day every where and since I have the endorsement now the parks too when I take the kidos and dog out nothing to report. Well other than a cracked out looking fella begging for money at a gas station. He was making his rounds begging everybody then when it came my turn he walked toward me and seen my glock he said " OH ****! " and walked away. Other than that nothing exciting.

10-79

I promise to do my part now that I'm registered. Love the avatar btw. I dig my Sigma .40.

Man, I love my Sigma too, 40 cal is the lowest cal I was willing to entrust my safety to. I haven't had any issues to blog about, but the more I start paying attention, the more little and nearly illegible signs I start noticing in windows banning firearms at places :/

Seraphim

I'm thinking about starting (or checking for extant) a group here in Tupelo devoted to OC. I'd love to start doing some group activities at local parks and around town to start normalizing it. I'd want to tell the PD who we are and what we are about so they wouldn't be as likely to overreact to MWAG calls, have a website and frequently updated list of businesses that don't allow guns, etc. Maybe organize some free training seminars or just have fun cookouts and do some shooting.

mjd1978

I'm thinking about starting (or checking for extant) a group here in Tupelo devoted to OC. I'd love to start doing some group activities at local parks and around town to start normalizing it. I'd want to tell the PD who we are and what we are about so they wouldn't be as likely to overreact to MWAG calls, have a website and frequently updated list of businesses that don't allow guns, etc. Maybe organize some free training seminars or just have fun cookouts and do some shooting.

Count me in!

DocDaddy

SNIP: Well I haven't had any relevant stories. I OC every day every where and since I have the endorsement now the parks too when I take the kidos and dog out nothing to report. SNIP

It is good to post even non-events and your daily OC-ing even if to the same places repeatedly so other members can see how OC-ing on a daily basis is going. Back when I was in VA, I must have had 20-30 posts of going to Lowe's/Home Depot where there were no issues, but I still posted it. Other members there post the same thing when they repeatedly go to the same places so it shows how common OC-ing out and about is going. That may be one reason why the "Open Carry in Hampton Roads" in the VA forum has 4,928 replies.

Happy Carrying!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It is good to post even non-events and your daily OC-ing even if to the same places repeatedly so other members can see how OC-ing on a daily basis is going. Back when I was in VA, I must have had 20-30 posts of going to Lowe's/Home Depot where there were no issues, but I still posted it. Other members there post the same thing when they repeatedly go to the same places so it shows how common OC-ing out and about is going. That may be one reason why the "Open Carry in Hampton Roads" in the VA forum has 4,928 replies.

Happy Carrying!

Bingo. The more posts about daily OC activities, the better. When I type open carry and a place into Google, OCDO comes up as the first result 95% of the time. Daily OC information keeps everyone up to date even if nothing notable occurs.

Wulf190

Hello glad to see others posting. I have had mostly positive oc experiences so far. I would like to get a group together as well. I live in tupelo and do travel around ms and ala a good bit.
I did have an interesting chat with the renasant bank pres for lee county. To sum it up he did agree I brought up good points about cc/oc issues and I believe he realized that now they put all renasant banks a gun free was not the best thing however as we all know it's just like the Feds once they do it there ain't no going back !

Well just know I am up for a meet and greet to discuss things that we can do in our area. Feel free to contact me.
Thanks
Fred

Daylen

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't post my IRL activities on here like its a journal. In fact I usually refrain from posting to the world much information about myself. I check on the site to keep the lines of communication open to like-minded folks. If I know of an event that is worthy of taking up other's time then I'll post about it; daily life would not fit.