• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hey dave, nice try

Schlepnier

Was on my way to work this friday and i heard our own mr. workman sparing with the schrammy, dave did a good job trying to get his point across. although i know he has likely been down this route before i noticed the schrammy was followng the same flawed logic that says- if you just pass laws it will solve the problem-, because somehow that will make criminals obey the law........more specifically his obsession with those evil "assault type" rifles. the schrammy doesn't think we have a "legitimate" need(and of course he gets to decide whats legit...apparently if you are not hunters or need a pistol/shotgun for self defence then it isn't legit to him to have any other kind of rifle). for such weapons and he is perfectly fine stripping the rights of 100 million+ gun owners to stop one mass shooting.

:banghead:

12 people died and over 50 were injured by the person who misued these firearms in a criminal act, however i always like to point out that thundreds of thousands of americans have died in war defending the very rights he is so willing to take away.

Thanks dave, i know you couldnt get him to see the light, but at least you tried.

:cool:

amlevin

I listen to Ken Schram regularly and vacillate frequently between agreeing with him and wanting to tear the radio out of my dash, go to the studio, and shove it up his "wazoo".

Ken Schram is not all as "anti gun" as some would like to make him out to be. His main issue is "those who keep their firearms in the underwear drawer" where they can be stolen or accessed by kids.

Sure, his idea of "responsible gun ownership" and ours may vary but that's life. He makes some good points at times, and at others, my radio is at risk.

Like some of my black friends used to say when George Wallace was running for President, "we don't hate him. At least we know where he stands. It's those other politicians and public officials that smile at us, tell us what they think we want to hear, then go off and stick it to us".

I know where Ken Schram stands. Are we so sure about all the others that claim to be friends to the gun owner?

jolly__roger

Was on my way to work this friday and i heard our own mr. workman sparing with the schrammy, dave did a good job trying to get his point across.

Does anyone have a recording or a link to be able to listen to that? I'll search for it in the meantime, just being a bit lazy. I was up till 5am and got back up at 9am...

tombrewster421

Does anyone have a recording or a link to be able to listen to that? I'll search for it in the meantime, just being a bit lazy. I was up till 5am and got back up at 9am...

When I went on the show about my encounter it should have been on their website. For some reason that hour never got posted. The other two hours were there and I looked back and didn't find any other days missing hours. It should be on the website, but then again, maybe not.