• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte Area Military Recruiting Office

FastWReX

Has anyone thought about going to a military recruiting center to provide a little security for them? I've been wrestling with this idea for a few days, and was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same. I'm not a former military person, but what they have done and continue to do for us, I feel is the least I could do. If there were a few of us in the area, we could meet up and do it together. Thoughts?

bc.cruiser

Last edited:

carolina guy

Has anyone thought about going to a military recruiting center to provide a little security for them? I've been wrestling with this idea for a few days, and was just curious if anyone else was thinking the same. I'm not a former military person, but what they have done and continue to do for us, I feel is the least I could do. If there were a few of us in the area, we could meet up and do it together. Thoughts?

They DO have guns...

solus

The Marine Corps spokesman said they prefer you stay away.
The Army doesn't want you, either. http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

From what I have seen of these "guards", if they ever were Infantry they have certainly forgotten much of their training. Consideration of overwatch position, fields of fire, and collateral damage just for starters.

Thanks, but I will stay clear of this.

thank goodness common sense prevails, unusual per se, from military command...

ipse