• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT-No change in police behavior, procedures following officers deaths

Vandal

So i am not the only one who doesn't know how to read:p

I am focused on his body language which was out of line. He doesn't have to change his approach, he can continue with his confrontational body language.

I forgot that it is their job to be confrontational and rude...oh, and make teenage girls cry. And this whole time I thought they served a different purpose, thank you for clearing that up.

Calling him a prick and deducing why he seems to think it was appropriate to behave that way dos speak a lot to myself...it speaks to my ability to look at a persons behavior and determine, appropriately, whether they are friend or foe.

Not to be an a$$, and I know I will come across as one, but it sounds to me like you need to grow a thicker skin and press on in life. Law Enforcement has changed a lot in just the last 10-15 years. The days of Andy Griffith and the friendly cop down the street are over and have been since the late 60s. As people have become more violent, the LE community has had to change and adapt because that is what the public at large expects.

That school cop was doing exactly what you as a parent want him to do as a school cop, watch out for your kid's safety by identifying who you were and what you were doing there. School cops have possibly the hardest job in LE, having to deal with spoiled children and those who fight authority constantly. If he doesn't come off as a hard-a$$ then the same kids he has been tasked to protect will attempt to walk all over him, their parents too.

Hammer

they are relieved of duty to seek metal counseling.

Ah, yes, I can hear it now from the metal counselor:
Hey you, with the bullets containing the element Pb: Get the lead out!
And you, with the iron and carbon combined: Were you steeling?
And you, LEO, do they call ya copper?
If you don't get your act together, I'm gonna call the brass!

Sorry, but this was SO ripe for bad puns! LOL

Deleted_User

+1

-1 And you KNOW it

+1

+1

Don't apologize, you earned yourself +3. Don't spend it all in one place.

Last edited:

amlevin

Time for you to take a Powder with puns like that.