• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What states have and/or are introducing Constitutional Carry legislation?

bigdaddy1

I see here or there notes about this state or that state entering legislation for Constitutional Carry. It gets somewhat confusing trying to keep track of it all. Can we have a sticky where we can go to and see what states are either approving or entering the field?

In the mean time, can someone surmise it for me?

bigdaddy1

I am a little less confused now, but that other thread kinda jumped around a little.

Would like to see it as a sticky, looked past page 4 and still didnt find the thread you listed.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
The NRA strikes again....

Montana is doing it in a very simple way. Why can't Wisconsin?

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=6556&issue
Not so simple; according to the language
OR A PERSON ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN A PERMIT UNDER 45-8-321 WHO HAS COMPLETED A COURSE AS REQUIRED UNDER 45-8-321(3)(B) OR (3)(C) AND HAS IN THE PERSON'S POSSESSION EVIDENCE OF COMPLETION OF THE COURSE;
You have to have completed a course of instruction and carry your "papers"....The NRA strikes again.... :banghead:

Captain Nemo

The best information I have been able to find is:

Four states have constitutional carry on the "books". Alaska, Vermont, Arizona and Wyoming.

The following states have bills in process mandating constitutional carry. Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Utah, Tennesee.

Legislation is stalled in Kentucky

Legislation being considered in Idaho.

Minnesota is unique in that Minnesota doesn't have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms amendmnet in it's constitution so it has to soley base it's agument on the seond amendment of the U.S. constitution. Constitutional carry will probably be a tough fight in Minnesota.

boyscout399

Maine has two bills, HB 488 and HB 923 that are in committee that would eliminate the illegality of concealed carry.