• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Noob with a shoulder holster question for GA residents.

TheReaper

Ok, so I've been lurking on this forum as a ghost for a while. Decided to join so I can get more involved. I've finally applied for my CCW and I expect to have it shortly. Anyway, I'm looking for a shoulder holster for comfort while riding a motorcycle. I have 2 questions. First, is there any legal issue with using a shoulder holster. Second, is it legal to dual carry? I'm interested in a matching set of Taurus Model 99 9mm pistols. I have no interest in anything other than target shooting, but I would like the intimidation factor of 2 large frame pistols in public. Sorry, if it's been asked, but I couldn't find anything.

Kingfish

Ok, so I've been lurking on this forum as a ghost for a while. Decided to join so I can get more involved.
Welcome

I've finally applied for my CCW and I expect to have it shortly.
Georgia does not issue a "CCW". Georgia issues a GWL/GWCL-Georgia Weapon carry License (old name was GFL-Georgia Firearm License.) Concealment is not required in GA. A license is required to carry open or concealed.

First, is there any legal issue with using a shoulder holster. Second, is it legal to dual carry?
No and no. You can carry a dozen guns duct taped to your body if you like.

but I would like the intimidation factor of 2 large frame pistols in public.
Yeah...I don't think you will find many folks around here to respond well to someone who gets off on intimidation. I hope you just used the wrong word there. If you really just carry for intimidation please let us know.

IANAL YMMV

TheReaper

Thanks for the reply Kingfish. To clarify on "intimidation", I was robbed a few years ago at gunpoint and I don't care to repeat the experience. So, I want to keep any would be robbers from picking me as their next target. Hence, I would like to "intimidate" them or make them think twice. Hope that explains my previous statement.

Kingfish

It does, but I think "deterrent" is a better choice of words than "intimidation". We use the term deterrent alot, it is one of the major reasons I OC (comfort being the biggest.)