• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eau Claire County is continuing the assult on your rights!

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Ladies and gentlemen:

I wrote you last month and urged you to attend an Eau Claire County Board meeting to express you concern about a resolution they are taking up to limit ALL carry rights, not only in Eau Claire County but the entire state. Unfortunately, the elected supervisors have chosen to ignore the people and have passed the resolution through committee on June 14, 2011. The full board will be taking up the resolution again at their June meeting TOMORROW (June 21). Further more, the sponsor of the resolution Supervisor Wilkie is actively advocating that all doctors, lawyers, firemen, police officers, and other professionals, advocate against the free exercise of your rights. The resolution is specifically designed to limit your rights and instill PANIC in the general public.

The time to act is NOW! We need your support! Will you ask Supervisor Wilkie why he sponsored and wants to pass a resolution designed to scare people? If you do NOTHING else this year, PLEASE get this out to EVERYBODY you know and encourage them to spread the word. Call and right to Mr. Wilkie, and the other Eau Claire County Supervisors. Be polite, but let him/them know of your displeasure with this anti-rights, anti-constitution, stance. http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/CountyGovernment/countyboardmembers/index.htm

Gerald (Jerry) Wilkie
3114 Coltman Lane
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715.834.0628(Work)
boltonrefugehouse@att.net

We have several people in attendance at the May meeting but it was obviously not enough. We need to fill the room and the corridors with pro-rights people. Make no mistake, this is an anti-rights, anti-constitution, proposal and we MUST take action.

June 21, 2011. 7:00PM.
County Board Chambers - Room 2560
Eau Claire County Courthouse
721 Oxford Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54703
http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/Agenda_and_Minutes/docs/CountyBoard/Agenda/062111.pdf

We should try to arrive at 6:00PM if possible so we can hand out the "guns save lives" buttons as people enter the building. We need to have as many people as possible speak against this resolution. The public comment section is at the beginning of the meeting so it is important to be there before the meeting starts.

I WILL be there, please wear your cleanest WCI shirt, your empty holster, your "guns save lives buttons" and as always, bring your best behavior. The board meeting is scheduled for 7:00PM.

Carry On,

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI. 53227
Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
608-792-0669
http://www.wisconsincarry.org

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
And If They Pass This "Resolution"?

Maybe I am missing the point here but it is a resolution. Right? What legal force does it carry? I downloaded and read it and I agree it is rife with misleading information. It looks just like something from WAVE or the Brady Bunch.

How will their resolution affect us who open or conceal carry now or after the concealed carry bill becomes law?

bigdaddy1

I don't understand how something Eau Claire county does will preempt either state law or how it will effect my day in Milwaukee county.

bluehighways

Angry little liberal nitwits in Eau Claire making a stink. This is not new. Eau Claire is rife with these turds. Never mind the staggering number of sexual assaults that take place on and around the UW Eau Claire college campus. Those are quickly swept under the rug and don't even make a blip on the local news radar. After all, the city of Eau Claire has a reputation to uphold and can't have it tarnished by such inconveniences.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Maybe I am missing the point here but it is a resolution. Right? What legal force does it carry? I downloaded and read it and I agree it is rife with misleading information. It looks just like something from WAVE or the Brady Bunch.

How will their resolution affect us who open or conceal carry now or after the concealed carry bill becomes law?

It's more of a principle thing. If people see this pass, they will assume that the statements are true.

bigdaddy1

It's more of a principle thing. If people see this pass, they will assume that the statements are true.

Is it a LAW? Is it in any way binding to the citizens? I may be way off base here but a resolution doesn't have any teeth does it? If you lie often enough does that become truth? If it has some actual bearing on open or concealed carry I would be concerned, but from what I understand its like someone saying they will eat broccoli but don't like it.

And for the record, I dont like broccoli.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Is it a LAW? Is it in any way binding to the citizens? I may be way off base here but a resolution doesn't have any teeth does it? If you lie often enough does that become truth? If it has some actual bearing on open or concealed carry I would be concerned, but from what I understand its like someone saying they will eat broccoli but don't like it.

And for the record, I dont like broccoli.

No, not a law but as 2nd amendment supporters we should be vocal when our elected officials try to mislead our fellow citizens. Unfortunately, a lot of people take what the government puts out as the truth without checking the background.

I don't think Hubert is saying storm the place, just be informed and if you can show up to show opposition, do it. If you can't show up and are a constituent, write them and tell them you don't appreciate being lied to/about.

safcrkr

I just read their "facts".

Make sure you point out that the crap they printed about it being more strict for retired law enforcement to get a permit in WI, is NOT required for them to get the same permit as non-LEOs in WI. It's modeled after LEOSA/HR218, and that part of the bill is for them to get the proper LEOSA credentials to carry nationwide under the FEDERAL guidelines. It gives the DOJ the power to do what all WI LEO agencies have declined to do, and should have been doing all along. The yearly qualifying and carry of a specific gun is mandated by FEDERAL law for them to get the LEOSA card... not a WI CC permit. The LEOSA card allows unrestricted carry in all 50 States, not just WI. Big differance that they're not talking about in order to intentionally mislead... or they're too stupid to understand what's going on with that part of the bill. A LEOSA permit must be certified yearly by a LEO agency. This bill gives DOJ that authority.

Also, I see they have convenintly (for their purposes) changed the wording of the VPC "study". The VPC said 300 people have been "killed" by permit holders since 2007, not "murdered". This figure includes justified self defense shootings, not "murders"!!! There's a huge distinction between a "murder" and a "killing" in self-defense. The VPC intentially published this figure of shootings by permit holders to mislead, and these Bozos have gone one step further by calling it "murders".

edit to add: In reading some more of the link, I see that they need a 2/3 majority to pass a resolution, and they attempted to pass this back in May, but were outvoted ... 12 Ayes, 14 NOES. So they gave it to a "committee" for further review. After that lost vote, now the committee recommends passage? My guess is the committee is "stacked" and made up of mostly those 12 aye voters.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
You are right, it is "just" a resolution. BUT, it enables the anti-rights crowd to use their position with the county board to send a letter/memo to the legislature/governor stating that Eau Claire County opposes concealed carry. Implying the majority are opposed to concealed carry because nobody "objected" to the resolution and it was passed unanimously by the county board. Which inturn could change the way certain elected officials vote and now you have a statewide effect.

To quote OCDO, "a right unexercised is a right lost." Inaction is itself an action. Doing nothing, not standing in opposition, automatically implies consent.

We must stand against ALL these attacks upon our rights, regardless how insignificant they may seem. It's the proverbial "give them and inch, and they'll take a mile."

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Yes. I Agree!

You are right, it is "just" a resolution. BUT, it enables the anti-rights crowd to use their position with the county board to send a letter/memo to the legislature/governor stating that Eau Claire County opposes concealed carry. Implying the majority are opposed to concealed carry because nobody "objected" to the resolution and it was passed unanimously by the county board. Which inturn could change the way certain elected officials vote and now you have a statewide effect.

To quote OCDO, "a right unexercised is a right lost." Inaction is itself an action. Doing nothing, not standing in opposition, automatically implies consent.

We must stand against ALL these attacks upon our rights, regardless how insignificant they may seem. It's the proverbial "give them and inch, and they'll take a mile."

Too true! We have lost many rights because we sat idly by and did nothing. Great point! If I lived there I would certainly be there tomorrow for the hearing.

Gunslinger

You have the answer in your State Assembly tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken, and a governor who will shortly after make it law. Liberal ******** will have no standing once you become a Shall issue state. So **** them for the piss ants they are. Do you really think that people out of that venue will GAS about some resolution that should be written on toilet paper for all its value? The Eau Claire "County Board." Very impressive political force in WI, I have no doubt.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You have the answer in your State Assembly tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken, and a governor who will shortly after make it law. Liberal ******** will have no standing once you become a Shall issue state. So **** them for the piss ants they are. Do you really think that people out of that venue will GAS about some resolution that should be written on toilet paper for all its value? The Eau Claire "County Board." Very impressive political force in WI, I have no doubt.

Gunslinger, the problem is that state and local government entities can post their facilities. If we 'allow' them to symbolically fight this, even with a piece of toilet paper, they might feel emboldened to go and the post all county buildings 'no firearms'. It just would be better to nip this in the bud.

MKEgal

Here are the emails for the other supervisors (that have email):
garygibson@centurytel.net
wfantle@sbcglobal.net
ludhv@charter.net
sappy@mac.com
rhahn2004@hotmail.com
chilsoneccountyboard@yahoo.com
gspike1@yahoo.com
pbates9813@charter.net
kcamacoy@sbcglobal.net
jdsjms2@aol.com
nsmiar@hotmail.com
bigdonutman@hotmail.com
gregg.moore17@gmail.com
jdunning@charter.net
jw_prince@charter.net
ardyth66@charter.net
sueat209@att.net
learyrj@uwec.edu
manydeedssuper24@charter.net
piperglor@charter.net
tamis@bartechsol.com
bunsnout@charter.net

And some insight on the author of this resolution...:
http://boltonrefugehouse.org/
"Provides a variety of services for victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual assault."
So he's used to dealing with victims of assault & violence, & thinks everyone is that way, & thinks that if only weapons weren't available to good people, criminals wouldn't get them either (& wouldn't rape, wouldn't beat people w/ fists, etc.).
:banghead:

Grant Guess

But you dollars to donuts that the same union tool from Merill will be at that hearing in Eau Claire. This buttmunch gave the most warped testimony in Wausau of anyone that was heard.

"I will be forced to ask people that I interact with 'do you have a gun' because that changes the nature of my conversation with them".
Stated in his softest "I know how to tune a meat whistle" voice.

http://www.afscmecouncil40.org/spiegelhoff.htm

HandyHamlet

One picture is worth...
spiegelhoff.gif

Gunslinger

Gunslinger, the problem is that state and local government entities can post their facilities. If we 'allow' them to symbolically fight this, even with a piece of toilet paper, they might feel emboldened to go and the post all county buildings 'no firearms'. It just would be better to nip this in the bud.

Agree 100%. Colorado has a good policy in that only metal detector facilities can bar CC--courts, jails, etc, which makes sense. Hopefully, you guys will follow along this path. At any rate, it will be a great day for the Badger State.