• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd Annual Military Shoot June 25th!

REALteach4u

I'm not sure how, but I don't think I posted this so I apologize for the short notice.

Are you currently in the military? Would you like an opportunity to receive advanced handgun training at minimal to no cost to you? Well June 25th is your chance!

Canovi and Associates will be holding their 3rd Annual Military shoot. This will consist of the Practical Handgun Course that Canovi and Associates offers. It will be offered at no cost to military members. This event will be exclusive to military members.

For more information, please contact Canovi and Associates.
email: matt@mattcanovi.com
phone: 417-742-3435

Attachments

• military shoot.pdf
    111 KB · Views: 95

peterarthur

I'm not sure how, but I don't think I posted this so I apologize for the short notice.

Are you currently in the military? Would you like an opportunity to receive advanced handgun training at minimal to no cost to you? Well June 25th is your chance!

Canovi and Associates will be holding their 3rd Annual Military shoot. This will consist of the Practical Handgun Course that Canovi and Associates offers. It will be offered at no cost to military members. This event will be exclusive to military members.

For more information, please contact Canovi and Associates.
email: matt@mattcanovi.com
phone: 417-742-3435

Not veterans?? :( lol

REALteach4u

Not veterans?? :( lol

I know.

The intent was to help give our current military a handgun skill set beyond what the military will give them for handgun training. I for one can attest that through 2005 the Army's handgun training was quite lax. I don't know about you folks, but I'm certainly not taking a shot at 20-25 yards with a M9 pistol under extremely high stress conditions and bad-guys don't just pop up in the open all the time to stand still and let you shoot them.

Perhaps you could write Mr. Canovi and ask if he might include veterans the next time. I'd volunteer some time for a separated Veteran shoot.

What we gave them: point shooting (body alignment), front sight shooting, up-close-and-personal (2 formats), multiple shots for stopping power, head shots for stopping power, multiple threats (several formats), shooting from the ground (2 positions), single hand shooting (2 formats), and multiple shots using an alternate target zone for low light conditions.

Hopefully I'll have over the shoulder video from one of the ground positions soon. I have to wait for the boss to download the video.

Beware, I may be mounting one of my mini-cams to targets soon to give a threat POV!

Last edited: