• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Secret recordings raise new questions in ATF 'Gunwalker' operation

TFred

Here's another article on this.

Did I miss this before now, or is this a new development? According to the end of this article, it appears that ATF is trying to push blame for this whole scandal onto the stores involved... the stores that were threatened with the loss of their license if they didn't "cooperate" with the illegal sales?

TFred

Audio Tapes Reveal More Details in 'Fast and Furious' Gunrunner Scandal

Howard made the tapes in March 2011 after a meeting he and his attorneys held with federal officials. In that meeting, Assistant U.S. Attorney Emory Hurley continued to insist the guns Lone Wolf sold were stopped and seized before reaching Mexico.

But ATF officials are quoted in a Washington Post article and the Spanish language daily La Opinion saying just the opposite -- blaming Lone Wolf for "selling guns to the cartels" with no mention that Howard was operating under the federal government's direction, encouragement and approval.

HandyHamlet

Nope, no new developments. There are multiple threads on this. If the AFT doesn't blame the gun shops then they can't back up Obummer's lie that the US is responsible for the deaths of thousands of Mexican civilians. Although this isn't really a lie since Obummer is the one selling guns...

I think the second CBS special report shows the court orders demanding the gun shops comply with the Holder and Obummers insane plan.

The only new development in Holder's half billion expense report for muffins at 10 conferences.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/21/us-justice-muffins-idUSTRE78K3OW20110921

since9

Campaign Veteran
...it appears that ATF is trying to push blame for this whole scandal onto the stores involved...

That's what children do: "He did it. It's his fault." or "He made me do it."

Individuals of sufficiently advanced maturity, say, a teenager, easily recognizes this and no longer behaves in this manner. Some adults, however, have never matured, and continue in their childish ways and thinking. Knowing this and seeing the ATF resort to childish tactics is pretty revealing of the maturity level of those running the organization.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"[Laura [Ingraham]: Who was the person? Who was the person at Justice screaming?] Eric Schultz. Oh, the person screaming was [DOJ spokeswoman] Tracy Schmaler, she was yelling not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House.""

More like they're feeling guilty. Perhaps cornered. Caught with their pants down. Hand in the cookie jar. Beyond reproach. Better than everyone else. Undeserving of this scrutiny of their pack of lies...

TFred

UN-believable. This is the TOP law enforcement official in the entire United States of America. He's like a kid with cheeks bulging full of chocolate chip crumbs trying to say "What cookies?

TFred

"Attorney General Eric Holder, under new pressure from Republicans over when he learned of "Operation Fast and Furious," has mounted his most forceful defense to date, accusing critics of using "irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric" and insisting his statements have been "truthful and accurate.""

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-allegations-in-scathing-letter-to-congress/

ETA:

"He [Holder] noted he has so far remained relatively mum on the matter, while the Justice Department's inspector general completes its own investigation, launched at Holder's behest. But, he said Friday, he feels compelled to speak out now because "the public discourse concerning these issues has become so base and so harmful to interests that I hope we all share.""

Politics-speak for "now that this is starting to get national attention by the main-stream media, I have to start the spin machine..."

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Every day the traitorous vermin dig their holes a little deeper. Anyone know how much tar and feathers we will actually need? It's been a while.

:lol:

This latest news is kind of disappointing though. You would think the liar Eric Holder Jr would know better than to put his lies in writing so soon. Seriously. Shouldn't he have saved this nugget for a chapter in his book. After his release from prison?

Eric-Holder-jr.jpg

riverrat10k

Hey Eric, you racist thug!

I bet the Federal prison holding Mexican nationals for drug trafficking has an open cell for you!

Pedro wants to talk to you, you facist totalitarian *****.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Hey Eric, you racist thug!

I bet the Federal prison holding Mexican nationals for drug trafficking has an open cell for you!

Pedro wants to talk to you, you facist totalitarian *****.

Whoa! You can't put Holder in the same cell with Mexican drug traffickers. It would violate the drug traffickers right against cruel and unusual punishment. No prisoner deserves to live with vermin and filth.

:)