• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carrying on motorcycle??? (will make you smile)

protias

That is awesome, in more ways than one. One for the OC and two on how the dog knows how to stay on the bike. :D

scorpio_vette

Didn't see the gun but wow that is cool. Dog on a bike hahaha.

44 seconds in right after they show him kickstarting the bike, the camera pans up, and you can see a fully enclosed leather gun holster on his hip, and then the camera pans back down.

M

McX

gun school, dog, bike, guy, gun, that pretty much covers everything...........................'cept maybe a cheeseburger would have been nice.

scorpio_vette

That was a cool story. But he was not Open Carrying. NO part of the handgun was visible. That was like a CC holster.

i was wondering about that. couple things/question came to mind.

1) could it have been that the news crew asked him to "not wear the gun on tv", and so he picked that holster to still carry, but yet "hide it from un-knowing eyes"???

2) aren't there some states where you can only open carry in such a manner, or some other weird law requiring you to have it fully concealed??? (i mean i know there is one state (cali maybe. not sure) where you can open carry but are not allowed to have a magazine in the gun. or do i remember that correctly)

3) some other law, rule or reason that makes that as close to open carrying that he can.

4) any of use could plainly identify that (i'm pretty sure that's a gun holster), so to me (maybe not by legal definition) that is open carrying.

jpm84092

I recognize that Holster - Because I have one.

I recognize that holster. It is specific to one handgun in particular. The holster is German Military and was developed for the Walther P-38. There is a larger version of that holster that was made for the Luger and if the holster in the video was for a Luger - one would see the butt of the handgun.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
V-e-e-ry interesting....

I recognize that holster. It is specific to one handgun in particular. The holster is German Military and was developed for the Walther P-38. There is a larger version of that holster that was made for the Luger and if the holster in the video was for a Luger - one would see the butt of the handgun.
The P38 is a very interesting pistol. It was the first semiautomatic DA/SA with a locked breech, just like some "modern" hand guns. I have one, too....

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Pistole-38 was my first pistol. I struggled with it for some months until my gun shop let me take a new-Luger for a test 'drive' and it was instant love. I traded my P-38 for a P-08, an Interarms American Eagle Luger in black satin. While I am a bit sorry it is a shooter for the loss of value, it is a wonderful shooter and still beautiful!

http://www.gun-photos.info/gunphotos?photoid=42541&iid=238135&aid=1013

Last edited:

rcav8r

How old is this "video"? I saw that it was all older cars, late 70's, early 80's it seemed, and style of clothing/dress seemed '80s.

scorpio_vette

come to think of it, didn't some of the military surplus CZ pistols come with a similar holster??? i think when i had my CZ-82 and was looking for stuff online, i may have come across a holster like that for mine. but i could be wrong.

no idea on the age of the video. just saw it on a motorcycle forum, noticed the holster. thought i'd share here. with all the headache causing political stuff in this state, i thought a smile wouldn't hurt any of us. LOL also didn't actually notice any other vehicles or other stuff in the video. i just noticed the bike, dog and gun. great.......now i'm going to have to watch it again.