• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN Arms Treaty

ManInBlack

This the bazillionth thread I've seen on this, and I have yet to read any actual text from the treaty that would threaten the civilian firearms trade. Your link says that the treaty is supposed to be finalized in July, but even if that happens, the Senate will have to ratify it.

If this is a real threat, I'd like to see some evidence, and I will fight hard against it. If not, there are plenty of real threats for us to expend our time and energy on.

ManInBlack

Any threat is worth looking into. Ask anyone who thought that something was or wasn't, and got hurt or screwed when they found out otherwise.

I agree, but people have been looking into this, on this forum and other places, for over a year, and I have yet to see actual text from the actual treaty that would impact civilian firearms ownership or commerce. Even if it did, the Senate would have to ratify.

Even the link posted by the OP admitted that it is only because of calls from other countries to add language that there is any cause for concern. Well, other countries call for things all the time, and unless it's Israel doing the calling, we generally dance to our own tune (see: Global War on Terror, Global War on Some Drugs, etc.).

stainless1911

Banned
I too have been waiting. Tinfoil hat time, I dont know what I think about the whole UN situation, but it stinks. IO dont trust the .gov or the UN. They dont do what we want, they dont care what we want. I have been watching my country vaporize on youtube for quite sometime, and they arent building FEMA camps and training foreign soldiers on American soil for nothing. I don't think theres a coincidence in the recent upsurge of survival shows and prepping shows either.

ManInBlack

I too have been waiting. Tinfoil hat time, I dont know what I think about the whole UN situation, but it stinks. IO dont trust the .gov or the UN. They dont do what we want, they dont care what we want. I have been watching my country vaporize on youtube for quite sometime, and they arent building FEMA camps and training foreign soldiers on American soil for nothing. I don't think theres a coincidence in the recent upsurge of survival shows and prepping shows either.

I can't disagree with any of this.

xmanhockey7

This the bazillionth thread I've seen on this, and I have yet to read any actual text from the treaty that would threaten the civilian firearms trade. Your link says that the treaty is supposed to be finalized in July, but even if that happens, the Senate will have to ratify it.

If this is a real threat, I'd like to see some evidence, and I will fight hard against it. If not, there are plenty of real threats for us to expend our time and energy on.

You're saying you'll trust our legislatures not do ratify an antigun treaty? Or more so...you trust our legislature!?!?!?!?!

ManInBlack

You're saying you'll trust our legislatures not do ratify an antigun treaty? Or more so...you trust our legislature!?!?!?!?!

Obviously not.

I was merely pointing out that we'll have a chance to lobby them at that point, if and when this is shown to be more than rumormongering, and if and when the Senate is put in the position of ratifying it.

xmanhockey7

If they do something like this, trust me, you will NOT get to voice your opinion on it. We'll be lucky if we have anything but a few hours warning, if any at all.

Pretty much. Besides it's not like anyone in the Senate is against the 2nd amendment. They just believe there should be reasonable enough restrictions that it's impossible to own a firearm unless you're a cop or rich #newyorkcity

Beretta92FSLady

[snipI have been watching my country vaporize on youtube for quite sometime, and they arent building FEMA camps and training foreign soldiers on American soil for nothing. [snip]

Please, link us up. I want to read where the Federal Government is setting up FEMA camps, and training foreign soldiers on American soil.

NHCGRPR45

Obviously not.

I was merely pointing out that we'll have a chance to lobby them at that point, if and when this is shown to be more than rumormongering, and if and when the Senate is put in the position of ratifying it.

Him waiting to get the word out until the matter is in the senate would be a little on the late side, especially since this is a matter that so many other countries have a direct interest in. I wont profess to speak for the world but most of the countries involved would love for this to become law in our country. And it goes way beyond just guns, it cover parts, and by default accessories to guns. And ammo as well. Also look who will be attending! The top ten of the worlds best anti gun leaders and member countries. So yes this is a very real and very serious threat, even a shot in the dark has a chance of hitting the mark and by the time it gets to our senate it stops being a rocket and turns into a missile.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Please, link us up. I want to read where the Federal Government is setting up FEMA camps, and training foreign soldiers on American soil.

I have seen Canadian forces training with US troops at Camp Grayling in Michigan (circa 2008). They were not UN units. When I saw all those Canadian soldiers gassing up their vehicles at a truck stop near the camp I though Canada was finally invading us.

Foreign troops have often trained in the US with the US military.

Last edited:

Yance

I have seen Canadian forces training with US troops at Camp Grayling in Michigan (circa 2008). They were not UN units. When I saw all those Canadian soldiers gassing up their vehicles at a truck stop near the camp I though Canada was finally invading us.

Foreign troops have often trained in the US with the US military.

Yep, when I was at Shepard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX they trained fighter pilots from all over the world there. They were always thrilled when you saluted them (they are of the officer rank so you have to) I dont think they really expected it.

Venator

I dont think we should salute foreign troops. Its like Obama bowing to foreign leaders, its just not right.

Why not? Allies are allies. During WWII many countries worked together and an officer is an officer and you respect the rank, even if you don't respect the man/woman.

Last edited:

Venator

No reason to disrespect them, especially allies. A handshake would be more appropriate between nations. A salute should be earned, and kept within our nation.

A salute does not have to be earned, you just have to be an officer. Like I said it goes with the rank, not the man.

Handshake is to informal, foreign officers do and have commanded US forces. Image military efficiencies if US troops didn't have to follow allied commanders.