• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

round going off when dropped

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Fulminate of mercury is not supposed to do that.

But Murphy's Law supersedes all other laws.

This is why it is best not to keep a cartridge chambered if you can possibly avoid doing so...

I'm missing your point. Why is it best to keep a gun unloaded?

I'm failing to reach your conclusion from the evidence.

twoskinsonemanns

I'm missing your point. Why is it best to keep a gun unloaded?

I'm failing to reach your conclusion from the evidence.

He must be speaking of firearms without a firing pin-trigger interlock... After first learning of the concept I went through my handguns and everyone of them have some interlock to lock the firing pin back unless the trigger is pulled. I have no idea when this became the norm.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
He must be speaking of firearms without a firing pin-trigger interlock... .

Since the vast majority of firearms have one, his statement would be misleading, if so. But he also clearly said "any revolver" so I honestly don't know what he is thinking.

Phlip74

Newport Oregon

In Newport Oregon about 8 years ago or longer, one of the officer's cartridges did this samething. He suffered the loss of one testicle from it. when doing drills with their Glocks they must eject one cartridge as to simulate a round that didn't fire and when his hit the ground it struck a rock and the projected bullet shot him in the testicle. Not sure if they stopped this drill after that or not but it can happen and can hurt someone in the process.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
In Newport Oregon about 8 years ago or longer, one of the officer's cartridges did this samething. He suffered the loss of one testicle from it. when doing drills with their Glocks they must eject one cartridge as to simulate a round that didn't fire and when his hit the ground it struck a rock and the projected bullet shot him in the testicle. Not sure if they stopped this drill after that or not but it can happen and can hurt someone in the process.

I'm calling BS.

A cop carrying a Glock gets shot in a testicle. That's the only part we REALLY know.

Last edited:

Phlip74

Call it al you will

I'm calling BS.[/QUOTE
Call if you will! I have no way of proving it, but you can try to call the Newport Police department and ask they may say yes or no! they don't have to say his name! I will try to remember the officer's name but it has been a long time since I move away from there.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
The physics alone can prove that an unchambered cartridge could not shoot a standing person in the testicle with any significant damage.

I do believe that a Glock-carrying cop got shot in the testicle, though. I also know how he would prefer to explain the incident.