• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heads up on the Range 702

Vegassteve

For te last 2 months we have enjoyed using this new range. Last weel we went in and was told after we paid that there was a new policy on picking up brass. They no longer allow it. I emailed them to get a answer as this new rule was not posted. Here is the response. We will not be going back. As for the reload ammo remark she makes, well all I can say is they allow it. They have no rule against it. And frankly how would they know because all my ammo is packed in plastic boxes. The truth is they are bagging the brass probably to sell it. How do I know? Well the RO showed me the bags of brass. All separated by caliber. They could easily sweep the brass to the back wall. The ROs spend most of the time sweeping it forward.

Hi Steve,

That is correct. We do not allow anyone to pick up their brass at The Range 702. I understand that it would be easy to do so but we strive to maintain a safe and controlled environment and allowing people to collect their brass is a safety issues for a couple of reasons, one we don’t want anyone reaching over passed the firing line to collect that piece of brass right in their reach and secondly re-loaded ammo poses a higher risk of malfunction. I understand this is inconvenient for you and we’re sorry to lose your business but please understand we do it for yours and everyone else’s safety.

Kind regards,

Lisa Gatewood
Sales Supervisor/ Marketing Assistant

4699 S Dean Martin Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Phone (702) 485.3232 x 208
Fax (702) 485.5252
lgatewood@therange702.com

DSan

Noted. I won't be going there until they change their policy. I don't collect my brass personally as I don't do reloads but it's a matter of principle.

The Big Guy

My email in response:

Ms. Gatewood

It has come to my understanding that you no longer “allow” people to pick up their brass. Have you stopped to think that the brass I use is mine, and does not belong to you? This being your new policy, neither my wife nor I will be using your range. We will make this known to those we associate with who shoot.

TBG

Vegassteve

My email in response:

Ms. Gatewood

It has come to my understanding that you no longer “allow” people to pick up their brass. Have you stopped to think that the brass I use is mine, and does not belong to you? This being your new policy, neither my wife nor I will be using your range. We will make this known to those we associate with who shoot.

TBG

Hey while we are on the subject of ranges. I talked to your wife about Boulder range. IF we join do you guys get any kind of discount that I should let them know you sent us?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Hit her with "My expended brass is my property. Unless you choose to buy it from me for replacement cost, I will be taking my property with me when I leave the range."

They're already getting tons of lead and copper, why give them tons of brass as well?

The Big Guy

Hey while we are on the subject of ranges. I talked to your wife about Boulder range. IF we join do you guys get any kind of discount that I should let them know you sent us?

Nope, just send in your application and cash. It really is a bargain if you shoot all the time. It's a nice range too. Of course for us, it's not far from where we live. I don't like shooting inside either. Would be happy to see you there. If you have never been, I'd be happy to take you out as a guest sometime.

TBG