• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It appears that Michigan is our newest Red State!

markm

Congratulations to Michigan,

I am seriously thinking about a trip to the UP to spruce-up my safety-valve residence in L'Anse. CD1 is now in the hands of a person who believes in the Bill of Rights--the entire Bill of Rights.

Like a Phoenix, Michigan will now rise from the ash heap of neo-Marxism!

I am ready to flee Kalifornia for your great state!

Carry-on!

markm

Michigander

Michigan has always been a flip flop state. John Engler, a sleaze bag republican in his own right, got replaced by Jenny, who I tend to agree with your assessment of. Much like the presidential races, it's all about shifting paradigms. What happens next, I have little faith in. But then I don't care so much because I'm soon going to be leaving this cold, wet, flat hell of a state.

detroit_fan

It surprised the hell out of me! GOP took Gov, AG, SOS, state house, state senate, and state supreme court! I knew snyder was gonna win, but this is a clean sweep!

Bailenforcer

My concerns are Billy Schuette who has mouthed his contention with the will of the people. No matter my misgivings with the medical Marijuana issue the people voted and now he has ran his mouth about somehow overturning this. My concern is if the mass majority voted for it and even if I don't like it, or whatever, I am satisfied as the people spoke. But Bill Schuette is quoted as saying if he has it his way it's no way, this is a dangerous mindset and a mindset that says he thinks he knows whats better for us than we do. This is find insane.

Congratulations to Michigan,

I am seriously thinking about a trip to the UP to spruce-up my safety-valve residence in L'Anse. CD1 is now in the hands of a person who believes in the Bill of Rights--the entire Bill of Rights.

Like a Phoenix, Michigan will now rise from the ash heap of neo-Marxism!

I am ready to flee Kalifornia for your great state!

Carry-on!

markm

Bailenforcer

Reading what I said I have misgivings about pot and I am well known to not be tolerant of pot head behavior, or mannerisms. But I don't drink and I get into fights with my Doctor because I won't take medication for the nerve damage body wide and for pain, I am the extreme on the other side. I would never tell someone how to live their lives and I am libertarian and as many know a Christian, so I live a rather limited life by my own choosing.

My main point was not Medical Marijuana it is in fact a mindset that Bill Schuette has that he will impose his morals on everyone else and damned everyone who disagrees with him. If the people in a huge majority say something is okay with them, then who the hell is he to say NO you can't because it doesn't fit his religious and moral views? The mindset is dangerous and that of a dictator.

I wouldn't get too happy about him just yet, we may be fighting him on open carry real soon as his mindset is that of what pleases Bill Schuette and that's it.

He has used the excuse he thinks medical Marijuana is going to lead to full legalization, and I am against full legalization and always have been. We don't need government promoting any behaviors, like our alcoholism. Legalization is endorsement. But to take away from the suffering because his religious views say it isn't right is again Dangerous. This mindset leads the insanity like Sharia law.

Watch and see if Bill Schuette won't try and limit our carry rights.... I am betting he will try.

3. people will not smoke it at all!

Bailenforcer

Good point, hell we have people licking Frog/toad butts to get a buzz, how disgusting is that? People will do what they will do to get stoned. Is it dumb? In my opinion yes, but it isn't my body so short of them harming others it's their choice.

History shows that will never happen.

stainless1911

Banned
I agree in all points except that part about re-legalizing being an endorsement. The people have spoken, loudly and repeatedly. Both in the polls and in life. Every possession ticket written, is a vote of sorts. The only difference legalizing weed makes is that the people would have the freedom to do what has always been done, and always will be done without the inconvenience of drug testing, fines, and a "criminal" record. Smoking pot is no more "criminal" than a non CPL holder accidentally walking into a gas station that happens to have a license to sell alcohol.

The Expert

Marijuana is the single best example of the will of the people being ignored by .gov

I agree with this 100%. The government really needs to get out of the prohibition business completely. Not just Marijuana either...I'm talking about all drugs. The number of addicts might go up...but probably only slightly and the good society realizes from cutting our police and prison budgets in half will more than make up for the ill that comes with extra junkies.

The savings could easily fun universal health care or go to pay off the national debt.

FatboyCykes

Yea, I'll trust this batch of R's as much as I trust any batch of R's, which is to say about as much as I trust any given batch of D's.

To clarify; I don't trust them.

:D

stainless1911

Banned
I think that those who would use, already do. I really don't see how people are going to say, gee, cocaine is legal, I think I'll go out and try some. A few perhaps, but not enough to even make any statistical numbers out of.

eastmeyers

I think that those who would use, already do. I really don't see how people are going to say, gee, cocaine is legal, I think I'll go out and try some. A few perhaps, but not enough to even make any statistical numbers out of.

Not true, if it was legal federally, and it would in NO WAY AT ALL (as in I would have 100% zero doubt) effect any of my firearm rights, CPL, carrying, anything. I would, just for the fact of the extreme pain I am in every day. I've been offered "my green card", by more than one doctor, but I refuse to take the risk of loosing a right, even if I gain another. The right to potentially save my life, or another is more important, than not being in excruciating pain.