• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

best holsters

Badger Johnson

Handgun retention

I'm still trying to find the best fit for handgun retention for my S&W 469, 9mm. It's an older gun I bought used.

I've looked at some Kydex holsters and some pancakes and at this point it seems to fit, though tightly in a Blackhawk Serpa concealment, Glock 20/21/37 & S&W M&P .45 9/40.

Does anyone have any experience with the thumbdrive holster?
http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-thumb-drive-holster.html

Any other S&W 469, 9mm users find anything in Kydex with good retention?

TIA

PS - can some kind forum member tell me how to make a new post? I don't see any 'new post' buttons anywhere.

Last edited:

turbodog

Lvl 2 Blackhawk Serpa paddle. Good retention, the draw is easy to plug into your muscle memory and your finger lays along the slide naturally as you draw.

Last edited:

JDriver1.8t

For a plastic paddle holster a ton of people will recommend the Blackhawk Serpa. It is a great OC holster, but does not conceal very well.
Others will recommend the Safariland with ALS. It is also a very good plastic holster, though a little more expensive.

For leather OWB many people like the Don Hume 721OT. It is cheap for leather ($45) and well made. It sits relatively high, and is very secure.

For IWB many people like the crossbreed supertuck or the Comptac M-tac or C-tac.

With that info you should be able to do a good bit of research via google.