• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Observation from Puyallup gunshow today

fire suppressor

Notice m1gunr leaning on the park sign that said guns are banned.And Gray holding one of the signs taken down from Seattle parks. So why again would someone disarm before going to the park in Moses Lake???

I'm sorry if I am way behind the ball on this one but did we win the fight with Seattle? Last I herd the city had a law suite pending. Did I miss something? I'm hoping so.

On a side note I wanted to say great job by everyone who helped out in Puyallup and a very sincere thank you for helping to stand up for my rights. The gun show would have been something I would have loved to help out with. I'm sure you guys posted something on the forum but I must have missed it.

FMCDH

I'm sorry if I am way behind the ball on this one but did we win the fight with Seattle? Last I herd the city had a law suite pending. Did I miss something? I'm hoping so.

<SNIP>

They did lose their case in a King County Superior Court, but they have an appeal pending that will likely be followed ultimately to the state Supreme Court since the law-firm that is representing them is doing so free of charge. Since the state Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd amendment applies to Washington, they have a snowballs chance in **** on winning their appeal in the end, they are simply going through the motions of defiance at this point.

KCSC ruled that state preemption holds and that Seattle was in violation, the signs were ordered taken down, and all attempts at enforcement stop. Do some searching and you will find the threads where this has been discussed.

Last edited:

amlevin

They did loose their case in a King County Superior Court, but they have an appeal pending that will likely be followed ultimately to the state Supreme Court since the law-firm that is representing them is doing so free of charge. Since the state Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd amendment applies to Washington, they have a snowballs chance in **** on winning their appeal in the end, they are simply going through the motions of defiance at this point.

KCSC ruled that state preemption holds and that Seattle was in violation, the signs were ordered taken down any all attempts at enforcement stop. Do some searching and you will find the threads where this has been discussed.

The next question is, does anyone know what the "schedule" is for the appeal(s)?

heresolong

I wonder where we would be if the folks that stood up agaist the Brits would have said,Well you know I have a family so I don't want to cause problems ,I may get fired.You know taking on the British could be a big hassle and we may end up in front of a firing squad .

Most people did. There were also many who took the British side. A small minority of Americans drove the Revolution, won, and changed the course of history. The parallels to this movement are amazing.

FMCDH

Most people did. There were also many who took the British side. A small minority of Americans drove the Revolution, won, and changed the course of history. The parallels to this movement are amazing.

+1 Very true.

The majority of colonists at the time did not support going to war, or even directly opposing the British empire because they thought there was no chance that the relatively small colonial army, or the poorly trained and outfitted militias could stand toe to toe with "the most modern military in the world".

Sounds like a familiar argument doesn't it?

The difference these days to that argument, is that people think if such a day came again in the United States, it would be the entire US military against a small subset of wacko red-necks with assorted small arms.

World history does not support that fiction, as in the case of a true coo against a tyrannical government, the country's military are commonly the first to turn their arms against said corrupt government, or if nothing else, on each other.

Do people really believe that those of us in the military are mindless drones that act as one in all things? People need to remember that a military members FIRST oath is to The Constitution, AND an overriding directive of that oath is to question and/or ignore un-lawful orders. Most of us (in my experience) take that oath seriously.

If a new and true "civil war" and not just some localized uprising were to occur in the US today, it wouldn’t be a simple matter of "the military vs. The People". The collective militias made of "The People" where never intended to be the end all and be all to secure the republic, they were intended to be the factor that tipped the scale in its favor.

Carry On!

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

+1 Very true.

World history does not support that fiction, as in the case of a true coo against a tyrannical government, the country's military are commonly the first to turn their arms against said corrupt government, or if nothing else, on each other.

Do people really believe that those of us in the military are mindless drones that act as one in all things? People need to remember that a military members FIRST oath is to The Constitution, AND an overriding directive of that oath is to question and/or ignore un-lawful orders. Most of us (in my experience) take that oath seriously.

If a new and true "civil war" and not just some localized uprising were to occur in the US today, it wouldn’t be a simple matter of "the military vs. The People". The collective militias made of "The People" where never intended to be the end all and be all to secure the republic, they were intended to be the factor that tipped the scale in its favor.

Carry On!

No and I have come to the grateful conclusion from talking to family, friends currently enlisted and veterans, that they almost all take their oath to the constitution seriously and would definitely NOT side with an overreaching tyrannical government.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
No and I have come to the grateful conclusion from talking to family, friends currently enlisted and veterans, that they almost all take their oath to the constitution seriously and would definitely NOT side with an overreaching tyrannical government.

Damn RIGHT we won't!

Most of us DO take our oath seriously. We swore to defend the Constitution against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic. I guarantee you that at least half or more of our active duty military would, if told to take all of our guns, tell their "superiors" where to stick their orders...

... then proceed to help them do it with a swift kick to the keester.

Last edited:

blackmarine

This is a good time for someone in the Moses Lake area to step up, there is no lack of resources or help to assist them in moving this ahead.

All it takes is for someone to have enough desire to stand up and say something instead of just sitting and waiting for someone else to do it for them.

Nobody cares what you think.

--Moderator Note--
...--Be warned--

1245A Defender

ehhh?

Nobody cares what you think.

--Moderator Note--
...--Be warned--

Espescially you BooBoo.

i dont think so, deros72.
blackmarine, started here sounding very supportive of our direction as to OC and 2A,
but he has recently begun to act and write like a confused CC guy, a hater, or an ANTI!
he has my attention, but not my respect!
boo boo was never this much of an ass, he could be a bother, but his strong suit was digging up info!