• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Response from Dem Rep Hebl

Vandil

I've contacted Rep Hebl a few times but I finally got a response to an email I sent regarding the 5-12 hearing in Madison. I don't think I swayed his opinion in any real way. I wanted a chance to respond to a few questions he had asked during the hearing.

Dear *****,

Thanks for writing. I really appreciate you taking the time to watch our democracy in action and for providing me with feedback. Participating in public hearings is one of my favorite parts of my job here at the Capitol.

Please know that I respect your right to own and use a firearm. However, I would be more inclined to support legislation which includes training and a permit system, similar to what Wisconsin law requires for hunters. Many law enforcement officers have expressed support for this approach to concealed carry.

Again, thank you for writing. Your views are important to me. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need assistance with this or any other legislative matter.

With Warmest Regards,

GARY HEBL

State Representative

46th Assembly District

HandyHamlet

I'm glad he has an opinion. Now how about he does his job and represent the PEOPLE.

Last time I checked the cops worked for me. So I could care less what many officers express. Unless it's an interest in sucking up to me.

rcav8r

At least you got a response. I still haven't gotten a reply to the email I sent him (and miller) about constitutional carry when the bills first came out.

Last time I wrote him (about the union thing), he sent a PDF email with bland, generic response to everyone pretty much saying "as you know, this happened" AFTER the weeks of crap.

I wrote to him several years ago, about the last attempt for a PPA. He said he "supports the rights of sportsmen to hunt, but bad guns need control" (My paraphrasing). He's a lost cause. Too bad there wasn't more effort to put him out last year, but it was all focused on the governors and senate races.

hardballer

If we do not make it clear that they will lose their jobs if they do not do their jobs and then follow through, we will get what we deserve. We are a force to be reckoned with if we stand together.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
This Hebl guy was at the hearing WATCHING THE PEOPLE about 80% of the room say they WANTED CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY yet ...he could give a flying crap less what the people say...HE WANTS PERMITS & TRAINING ! THIS IS WHY this country is so ripe for a revolution, they don't listen to us anymore...they need to be shown that they work for us & what happens when they work against us..& I am not talking going to the polls to vote them away...That has been shown not to work. FEAR is a great education tool..They need to FEAR the people which currently at this time they don't.

I hope it never happens...BUT it's going to unless things change fast !