• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penninsula Open Carry BBQ - June 25

Mann

At the downtown Key Center "Open Carry" BBQ for June 25th we're expecting plenty of fine folks. It's 3 to 7pm with tables, chairs, huts and the Burgers, hotdogs, pop and chips are FREE! Located at Olson Rd at Key Penninsula HWY N. (Center of town, on the front property of O'Callahan's Grill). Key Center is about 15 minutes Nor and West of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge off St. Rt. 16. Call Craig M. 360-275-2591 for info. Hope you can make it!
P.S. The Olympia event was great!

.45ACPaddy

Awwww dang it I wanna make this but I'm already going to the shoot that a couple other gun forums are putting together that day...

Drazhar Rakarth

At the downtown Key Center "Open Carry" BBQ for June 25th we're expecting plenty of fine folks. It's 3 to 7pm with tables, chairs, huts and the Burgers, hotdogs, pop and chips are FREE! Located at Olson Rd at Key Penninsula HWY N. (Center of town, on the front property of O'Callahan's Grill). Key Center is about 15 minutes Nor and West of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge off St. Rt. 16. Call Craig M. 360-275-2591 for info. Hope you can make it!
P.S. The Olympia event was great!

Will be there. My mom lives right down the street, literally.

BradsNineMM

I put it on my calendar. I am new to open carry. I have property in the area so I am going to try to stop by and then go out to my property and do a little shooting

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I put it on my calendar. I am new to open carry. I have property in the area so I am going to try to stop by and then go out to my property and do a little shooting

Welcome to OCDO Brad.

Any day with one RKBA event is a good day, but a days with twofers are the best. :D

Squeak

Welcome to OCDO Brad.

Any day with one RKBA event is a good day, but a days with twofers are the best. :D
Grapeshot, He'd best get his lawn mowed first!
Welcome to the forum. We argue and fight! Then we have a meet, sorta like 'kiss and make up!':banana:

1245A Defender

well,,,

Mann welcome to the board.

June 25th Schedule

Penninsula BBQ
TriCities BBQ
Washington Gun & Seattle guns shoot at Waddell Creek

sempercarry has just returned from a war zone!
he posted his thread for a get together in university place on 6/2.
he has been a member here for a long time.

Mann joined like yesterday, he has only one post.
he posted his thread on 6/4, he has not followed up.
his offer of a free BBQ is very enticing, but quite extreme considering our normal meets!
QFT; Call Craig M. 360-275-2591 for info. Hope you can make it!

i would not consider either one of these meets to be a done deal yet,
they are close enough together in distance that it makes no sense to share the same date on the schedule.
maybe one of these events should yield the 25th and reschedule the other to july 2nd.

i dont know how a new post for a BBQ get the sticky treatment sooo quickly...

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

1245 Defender
Just because Mann did not "follow up" and has "only made 1 post" per your post, At least give the man credit for offering to meet nd greet. If I remember, we are trying to normalize OC and get more people aware and involved, not shun them for another who has been involved in the past.
I will be going to his meet IF I can get off work for that day.
MANN, welcome aboard.

1245A Defender

well,,,

1245 Defender
Just because Mann did not "follow up" and has "only made 1 post" per your post, At least give the man credit for offering to meet nd greet. If I remember, we are trying to normalize OC and get more people aware and involved, not shun them for another who has been involved in the past.
I will be going to his meet IF I can get off work for that day.
MANN, welcome aboard.

I Absolutly!! wish to come and enjoy this BBQ!!!
I am a Belfaironion myself, so this is in my back yard.

1245A Defender

well,,,

Anyone else on board with this BBQ plan?
This new guy is offering to buy us all lunch,,
lets all come out and run up that bill!!
Im only seeing 6 folks indicating that they wish to, or will try, to come..
I know there are lots of Kitsapers and Masonites, besides the Tacomans and Gig Harborians!

44mag vietvet

Peninsula Open Carry BBQ -25 June = It's Real...

FYI,

C. Mann and I are new to OC.org., that's true, but not new to OC in Washington. Mann and I and about 5 others in our Group are working hard to make the Key Peninsula open carry BBQ a fun, educational and successful event. We've all chipped-in to fund the BBQ so that you can enjoy yourselves here on the 25th. We're hoping to get some locals informed so that they too will join our efforts to help preserve and protect our constitutional rights.
It's a lot of work and spendy, so disparaging comments seem out of place, if not discouraging to those of us who are strong advocates and defenders of your 2nd. Amendment rights and OC in Washington State.
Please and respectfully consider that Mann has "followed-up".

1245A Defender

well,,,

Well then, Hi,,, and welcome to the forum!
will all of you be checking in here and saying your hellos?
How did the five of you guys manage to get together in the first place?
I hope that a real good turnout for the BBQ will turn up,
i wish more folks would chime in and commit to coming,
especially since sempercarry has decided to put off the university place meet.

Trigger Dr

OK, I have managed to get the day off and will be there. I might be a bit late but will be there.
How about I bring a jar of my famous home made salsa. It is guandamteed to remove lead and graqffiti.