• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting both tired, and worried

07Altima

I keep hearing ever so loudly that the UN is trying to sign the US onto the small arms ban treaty. Yet I keep thinking to myself that do they really think they can enforce such a law on America. I hope that they are aware that even though some restrictive gun laws do exist they were created within the limits of the constitution, and therefore accepted even if un-liked.

However I believe that the moment such an illegal action takes place, such as the UN's ban, they will have a literal war on their hands, because no sane American will allow such an action to take place, not only would it be in direct violation of the Supreme law of the nation, but if signed by the President or any Senator's, it would be a blatant act of treason.

Any act of war, or any attack on the Constitution, the states or her people, or the Government is considered an act of Treason. So any person who is lacking the mental ability not to sign it would be an enemy of the state, and the UN for its role would be no longer seen as an ally but as an enemy for its actions in attempting to extend its law over a sovereign nation.

I really wonder how long it would be, before all out war broke loose, I know for myself that any direct attack against my country would result in my descent, I would go about it as legally as I could but would not hesitate to defend myself should they come seeking to take away my lawfully obtained weapon.

I am just curious if any one else has heard anything about it, I have now received it from 3 sources 2 being questionable, but the 3rd was from the NRA, and I wonder to what extent this is serious. I honestly do not know what Cop would ever enforce such an illegal, unconstitutional law, or order.

I know many will decent even in the Military, and Law enforcement, so I guess to what extent should we really worry about this issue, or is it all hype to get us all scared, to try and get that little extra out of us when it comes time to vote up gun legislation?

amlevin

The proposed UN "treaty" deals mostly with small arms sales among countries, not within them. Ever since WWII, the US and the Soviet Union have been selling "arms" to just about any country with cash and in some cases even those with no cash. Why do you think there are so many AK-47's around the world. There are those who think that all these conflicts in the world can be eliminated if the arms trade was curtailed. Wrong thinking as first they have to fix the reason these people are fighting. Countries have been created and divided according to the convenience of other world powers. Iraq was created by the British out of three separate ethnic areas. Syria, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and even Israel are all products of either the League of Nations, the UN, or the British while they administered areas under mandate. Look at all the good things that have grown out of this mismanagement.

As for the UN having effect on Guns in this Country, there's something standing in their way. Our Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.

Remember that most of those who are screaming the loudest over this UN proposal have a financial interest in the form of raising money. The bigger the scare, the more money they can raise. The NRA is just as bad as all the other groups in fanning the flames.

For myself, I have a simple plan for those who come for my guns. I will willingly give them up, piece by piece with the bullets being first.

Last edited:

Freedom First

As for the UN having effect on Guns in this Country, there's something standing in their way. Our Constitution and the 2nd Amendment.
For myself, I have a simple plan for those who come for my guns. I will willingly give them up, piece by piece with the bullets being first.

The Constitution and 2A mean nothing to those who "represent" us. And in themselves they are merely words on paper that many Americans have forgotten. The Constitution and our 2A only have power through the actions of persons willing to stand and act in the face of tyranny.

Regarding the second line above, what power does one many have against tyranny? The men in tactical black will simply come and kill you if you are alone. Yes, you might take some with you but you will be written off as just another crazy gun nut. What a waste of the life of a man with a spine.

Today we have a chance to act cooperatively in the face of the coming tyranny and push back against the existing tyranny as well. The day is coming when we will all be faced with the question, "What should I do to ensure my child's freedom?"

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." Martin Luther King, Jr.

amlevin

Try reading this first before making any preparations for war:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/international-gun-ban-

Even if Obama were to sign the "treaty" it will take 2/3 of the Senate to ratify it.

Again, the treaty would regulate Exports and Imports of Firearms, not ban them from private ownership in this Country.

This has become a chain e-mail topic designed to scare everyone as much as possible. The UN has as much a chance of imposing a gun ban on the Citizens of this Country as we have on imposing mandatory birth control on Africa or Mexico.

TechnoWeenie

/GrammerNaziOn

DECENT is is the past-tense of what an airplane does before landing.

DISSENT means a disagreement.

;)

/GrammerNaziOff

I should ship you off to the dessert without any water, see how you like it.

:lol:

Hint: Descent is the a gradual going down.

Last edited:

07Altima

I figured things would get screwy

posted in the wrong location.

Last edited: