• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for lunch at Jimmy Johns

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Originally Posted by Bowesmobile
Anyone else get this?

Mr. xxxx
My name is Michael Pratt, and I am the franchisee and Managing Owner of the Jimmy John's locations in Short Pump and near UR. I was just today made aware of the situation last week between the General Manager of the Short Pump store, Chris Springer, and our patron John Oliver. I apologize for this entire situation, I attribute it to my own schedule and not always being able to be available for teaching moments.

We are not an anti-gun establishment, in any way, shape, or form. Chris is a new GM, he only started with us in that capacity in February and thus is still learning the ropes. Jimmy John's corporate has no established gun policy, and thus in his corporate training was not taught about any gun laws or policies. We are continually training and teaching him all about our business. Our company policy is that we follow the law - lawful, open and concealed carry is accepted in our establishments and we welcome all patrons. Our employees are being educated about legal gun carrying practices and the safety it provides. I cannot guarantee that education will make every employee comfortable, in this industry they come and go quite often, but we will continue to make our best efforts to educate our employees on legal and safe firearm practices.

I, myself, am a concealed carry permit holder. I have never open carried but respect those that do. Please accept my apologies on behalf of myself, my management team, and my staff. They have all been made very aware of our policies and I hope that we will see you again soon. I am going to personally respond to each person that emailed me, and I hope that they will also accept my apologies for the mistake.

If you need anything, or would like to meet, please feel free to email me at this address (it is my personal email) or call me on my cell, 804.929.3323.

Sincerely,

Michael Pratt
Managing Owner
JJ's 1131 & 1300

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just about. If I were closer to the store I would today.

Lets try to set up something next week.
When this kind of problem has a positive end, I like to make sure they are recognized for it.

I got the same email BTW.

TFred

ManInBlack

The owner sounds like a pretty good guy. This might be a good relationship to cultivate, as he is a person with access to connections and resources.

ToggleSwitch

You know I would be down for it. Already planing to stop by Thur for dinner.

Only day that does not work for me is Wed.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wednesday seems to be out. Someone is already planning to have dinner there on Thursday. I'm booked at lunchtime Monday. Grapeshot will probably mooch a ride from me.

So, how about Tuesday, 5/15 at 12:30 PM? Meet in front of the place 5 - 10 minutes before then?

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wednesday seems to be out. Someone is already planning to have dinner there on Thursday. I'm booked at lunchtime Monday. Grapeshot will probably mooch a ride from me.

So, how about Tuesday, 5/15 at 12:30 PM? Meet in front of the place 5 - 10 minutes before then?

stay safe.

Works for me and I'll even be in town that day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

stay safe.

Works for me and I'll even be in town that day.

Which location? Short Pump or Three Chopt Rd shops have both been discussed.