• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is OC legal, or not in AR?

independence

Is OC legal, or not in AR? I am reading mixed things on this forum and other places. Last I heard, OC was legalized. Why all the confusion now?

I am traveling through AR soon so I am curious if I can OC when I stop for gas, etc.

EDIT: See my post below for new info I discovered...

Last edited:

independence

I have done a lot of reading since posting this. It appears that there are various tyrannical powers all the way from the state down to the counties and cities which refuse to recognize the new law as allowing open carry. Ridiculous. But not that surprising. After all, if you don't follow the Constitution of the United States (think 2nd Amendment), why would you follow a little silly state law?

Here is the most ludicrous Attorney General opinion I have ever read. Basically reads like a little kid who is telling his mommy why he doesn't want to clean his room. "But I don't like it, Mommy! But you never made me clean under the bed before! But, but, I mean, define 'clean'...The word 'clean' could be taken many different ways, Mommy!" Basically a bunch of mumbo jumbo!:

Opinion No. 2013-047
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/ARAGOpinionOnOpenCarry2013.pdf

Last edited:

Kopis

THe same thing initially happened in MS when they recently went to constitutional open carry and licensed conceal. I talked to 4 LEOs the week before and they acted like there would be mass panic, mothers with children would run screaming in fear from me and that my only reason to OC would be to strike fear and intimidate the sheep. Since i hang out in memphis a lot and OC there, i asked why that hadnt happened there or anywhere else OC was legal. They didnt care to respond to me.

Gary Slider

It is like going into No Mans Land! Those in authority say there is no Open Carry. Others say there is. RBKA's Orgs in AR say Yes. Some are even saying AR is a Permitless Carry state now. Those in authority say No. So until a court settles this Handgunlaw.us recommends not to open carry in AR or not carry concealed without a valid permit/license from any state until it is settled. AR Does honor all other states permit/licenses.

independence

It is like going into No Mans Land! Those in authority say there is no Open Carry. Others say there is. RBKA's Orgs in AR say Yes. Some are even saying AR is a Permitless Carry state now. Those in authority say No. So until a court settles this Handgunlaw.us recommends not to open carry in AR or not carry concealed without a valid permit/license from any state until it is settled. AR Does honor all other states permit/licenses.

Oh...You're the handgunlaw.us guy! Thanks for your reply and thanks for the website!!

I wish I could do more activism...If I was still a youngster and not a father and husband, I would try out OC in AR. In fact, I would likely go to the area with the most unfriendly-to-OC police and OC daily until I got arrested. But, that's not for me in this phase of my life. My family depends on me to make a living.

Last edited:

JHART

This is too bad. I reside in Okla. and go to Rogers,Ark. a few times a year. I am used to open carry and would like to be able to continue to do so,when crossing the line. I hope this gets resolved soon!

Jordan6679

Not to hijack the thread, but tonight I am going to email the Benton county district attorney, Van Stone, after talking to the deputy prosecuting attorney, Nathan Smith. I talked with Nathan for a while today, and he was unsure of the law himself but he did talk with Mr. Stone who said to email him. I have a few simple questions worked up, as I am a resident of OK and would like to carry while visiting my family in rogers. My family and friends also want to carry, so I am doing g research for everyone until I have it on paper what the county says.

Would you all have any more specific questions to ask the DA? I hope to get an answer before Thursday, so I can start my open carry in Arkansas

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Packer fan