• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-rights advocates rally in Olympia, but can’t get in the door

44Brent

If these guys really wanted to get inside the gallery they would:

1) Not make a public announcement of "here we come".
2) Conceal their pistols under jackets.
3) Enter the gallery.
4) Take off their jackets.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I rarely go to any assemblies on the weekend. Why? Uh, nobody is there.

I thought it was a great turnout though ... but should have gone when a session was in session and on a weekday.

Nice job praying .. now you have all been deemed terrorists by the FBI. lol (not that it matters)

Dave Workman

I rarely go to any assemblies on the weekend. Why? Uh, nobody is there.

I thought it was a great turnout though ... but should have gone when a session was in session and on a weekday.

Nice job praying .. now you have all been deemed terrorists by the FBI. lol (not that it matters)

you were there?

I've seen lots of video and image of the gathering. Spoke to a couple of newsies including one photographer. So, what's YOUR crowd size estimate?

davidmcbeth

Banned
you were there?

I've seen lots of video and image of the gathering. Spoke to a couple of newsies including one photographer. So, what's YOUR crowd size estimate?

You must have missed the part where I generally do not protest at a building where the business is not being conducted.

I know why they did it on the weekend (to get people there) and I think that they did a good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfhJBnSuvA

one video of part of speeches

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Well, here comes some more fallout, and it plays right into the ands of people who don't like preemption.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cuss:

Times front page signals next gun rights attack: State preemption

Today’s Seattle Times front page reveals, perhaps unintentionally, where the next attack on Washington State gun rights will likely be focused: State preemption, the law passed first in 1983 and reinforced in 1985 that places all regulation of firearms under the authority of the state legislature.

http://www.examiner.com/article/times-front-page-signals-next-gun-rights-attack-state-preemption

jsanchez

At first I thought bad publiciaty, especially with that whole MSNBC Chris Mathis piece about the open carriers in texas making threats last Thursday.

But then I thought this is America, freedom to assemble, more power to you guys.

Last edited: